Carmax?

schmuckingham

nothing in this thread isn't true of just about any dealer. not sure what everyone expects. I grew up in the car business and it's pretty much unchanged since the late 70's and 80's when my family had their dealerships. the consumer is more informed and there are a few more creative sales tatics, but in the end, it's buyer beware and everything is negotiable.

I sold them my 05' Automatic Subaru Wrx with 45k miles for 12k. No one really wants an auto wrx. What was funny is it had aftermarket parts on it and the said they'd give me 10k for it but if I took off the parts they'd give me 12k. I then sold said parts for another 1k.

I sold them my 05' Automatic Subaru Wrx with 45k miles for 12k. No one really wants an auto wrx. What was funny is it had aftermarket parts on it and the said they'd give me 10k for it but if I took off the parts they'd give me 12k. I then sold said parts for another 1k.

An auto WRX with a bunch of aftermarket bits is gonna be a tough sell to either someone who wants a hi-performance WRX or someone who wants a grocery getter with some oompf. Take away the aftermarket bits and its an easy sell to the latter.

Carmax is all about the quick turnaround.

Yeah my point was more with they gave me a lot for it imo. An auto wrx is something no one wants in that community. Also I don't know how fast of a turn around they had with it.. I saw they listed it for 17k which is a ton for an 05'.

Yeah my point was more with they gave me a lot for it imo. An auto wrx is something no one wants in that community. Also I don't know how fast of a turn around they had with it.. I saw they listed it for 17k which is a ton for an 05'.

I would bet they're banking on someone whos been looking for an auto '05 for a loooooong time and is willing to pay for a low mileage one.

First of all they want nothing to do with any thing that is moded. They just have to remove aftermarket parts and install oem. They won't give you any thing for a car that has over 100k or 10 years old there warrenty is better than any othe used lot. As stated by Patterson they do every service on the car before they sell it

Grate place to buy a car cost a little more but the all the maintenance is done car is clean and goes through vigorous inspections and they don't negotiate the price is what it is

They offered one of our customers 7K-ish for a '05 SRT neon that had the absolute piss run out of it with 45K miles. It was burnt orange with black stripes, they ended up trading it in to them since they couldn't sell it outright.

Couple people on here probably remember seeing it for sale. Yes, I know she wanted to much, but her dumbass nephew didn't make payments and it got dumped on her.

On top of that.. their trade in values for cars are horrible. I called last year when I wanted to sell the 99 Regal with 83k on it and they said they'd give me a grand or something for it.
troof. a month ago went in to see what they would give me for the avalanche, just so I can get rid of my car payments. Needless to say, I laughed then walked out. plus not a big fan of the bs you gotta go through just to see what they have on the lot.

troof. a month ago went in to see what they would give me for the avalanche, just so I can get rid of my car payments. Needless to say, I laughed then walked out. plus not a big fan of the bs you gotta go through just to see what they have on the lot.[/QUOTE]

you walk in the main door some one ask you if they can help, you say looking for a car, they say whats your price range and walk you out on the lot were you can test drive any thing you want

that is a lot of "bs" to go through

I've only had good experiences selling to them. Got $10k for a 99 Mustang GT Vert with 25k on it in 2008 and got $9k for my Altima with 70k on it just this past fall.

you walk in the main door some one ask you if they can help, you say looking for a car, they say whats your price range and walk you out on the lot were you can test drive any thing you want

that is a lot of "bs" to go through

Sometimes I just want to cruise through, or walk around just to see if they even have something that spikes my interest. Not talk to someone when im unsure if i even want what they got. Don't like car salesmen