DIY short stacks and PAIR Valve block off

Hoblick

lizard i did agree, i dont know much about rules and you are so you probably are correct about what your talking about.

again again again again..

the reason for the pair mod on my r is for one purpose only... to get correct a/f when it gets dyno tuned next sunday.

ill probably have brian dyno it with all 4 short stacks and then how is was stock and get a comparison.

i know im not gonna get much out of any modification i have done. bolt ons dont do a whole lot, but being able to get a correct a/f reading with the pair mod will help get a better tune, which i then will be able to have a nice smooth pwer curve and enjoy my street riding more.

this was just a write up to help some people save a few dollars and do it themselves.

and if the stack mod doesnt help out your out minimum of $6, instead of buying $100 graves set and really regretting your purchase.

ill post dyno results after its dynoed... both with the short stacks and stock stacks

Cool, man. Good luck with it. I think you'll pull a couple of ponies. And hell, even if you don't, you'll free it up a tad with the PAIR thingy. I TOTALLY agree with the way you did it vs. buying the Graves.

See what happens when you don't use the angry voice and slanderous words? :D Have fun at the dyno. Let us know how it goes.

HAHA, no Mr. Coil I am not agreeing. I just was warning him how you do things, to most it looks like your shitting in a thread but if they actually read your post it has fact based on experience/text book answers.

I agree that its a worthless mod and I also agree that for 7 bones who cares, all I am concerned with if people search fort his topic they wont get either side of the story. I would rather have them see that the $7 dollars and half hour of hour can be spent on better HP mods like tons of stickers and chrome everything (Hoblick I am not cracking on you, its was a very informative and well done write up).

Glad we're cool. I was concerned and about to write some choice comments on your tires ala Flounder...:D:p Ah, what the hell, maybe I will anyways!:eek:;)

hoblick if you hook up the crankcase breather hose to the ais(air injection system) to suck air from the crankcase this is supposed to "free up" some hp. you will find a system similar to this on many race cars.

they even run vacuum pumps to scavenge air from the crankcase.

for everyone else, the ais system on a yamaha sucks air from the airbox straight into the exhaust port to clean up some emissions.

it can be removed, or it can be made into a crankcase scavenge port to suck air from the crankcase, in theory, this will suck pressure out of the crankcase allowing the moving parts no pressure resistance. I've also heard it will aid in the sealing of the piston rings too.

you can find this same principal on many cars on the track.

think of it as a very strong pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) system.

Edited by serpentracer