Evo Shift vs. Evo

99FLHRCI

Anyone have any PERSONAL experiences with these Sprint phones? I have read all of the reviews and comparisons I can find online. I know the differences on paper. I have also seen tests were the Shift has out performed the Evo despite having lower specs. I am hoping to find personal day to day opinions on these phones.

I have also seen tests were the Shift has out performed the Evo despite having lower specs.

LIES. I love my evo. Works wonderful, especially when its rooted. I wouldnt havent the phone any other way. Its fast enough for everything i want to do on it and 4G is awesome when i have to have it. My friend has the shift at work and its junk. Screen feels wobbly and the screen is too small for me now after having the nice 4.3in screen.

LIES. I love my evo. Works wonderful, especially when its rooted. I wouldnt havent the phone any other way. Its fast enough for everything i want to do on it and 4G is awesome when i have to have it. My friend has the shift at work and its junk. Screen feels wobbly and the screen is too small for me now after having the nice 4.3in screen.

Can you send me sites with good info about pros/cons of rooting and what it allows me to do that I can't on the "stock" phone? TY

I have an Evo, wife has an Evo Shift. I love both phones, and would only pick one over the other based on the need for a hardware keyboard. However her Shift routinely scores roughly 10-15% higher in quadrant despite the slightly slower processor. I am currently running the NonSense rom.

Rooting the phone will usually give you better battery life when you use a good rom and kernal. Runs much much faster. You can pretty much make any change to the phone you want.

Rooting the phone will usually give you better battery life when you use a good rom and kernal. Runs much much faster. You can pretty much make any change to the phone you want.

I like the battery life and running faster ideas. However I would have no clue what changes to make or why. Hell I only got text messaging a year ago...I guess I am a 60 something trapped in a 20 somethings body.

Rooting an Evo is a relatively painless process these days, and does have many possible advantages.(free WiFi tethering, overclocking, battery management) However the Evo is plenty usable in stock form. Keep in mind rooting, and running custom ROMs can be detrimental as well. Different phones behave differently on the same ROM/kernel combo, sometimes very poorly, you may lose stock features(does Cyanogen have a 4g radio yet?), your performance/battery might take a huge hit. So one must take that into consideration as well, cause you need to tinker to get the most out of it.

I have a Shift. First smartphone so I can't compare it to anything, but I like it very much so far. The only thing I really dislike is the placement of the volume buttons as I constant bump them by accident. The hinge does feel a little cheap, as in not rock solid, but it stays closed so not a big deal.

i have the EVO, and i love it. my favorite phone ive ever had. much better than the iphone 4 too. guy i work with has the shift and he loves it too, i prefer mine though. after using the evo it sucks to look at any other screen.

The current cyanogenmod, 7.0-rc2 does have 4g.

Love my evo. I have a coworker with a shift who came from a blackberry and I never see him use the slide out keyboard, always the on screen one. Better off with a bigger screen and slimmer profile IMO. Also already has the development community support in full force