DDM Tuning

Bigbird

I've been wanting to pick up a cheap HID kit from these guys for a while. Like a month ago their website was pretty much out of everything, and I was hearing rumors that they weren't doing HID kits any more. You couldn't even get to the order screen for the slim kits. Now you can apparently order them again? I'm totally confused, does anyone know what's going on?

I've seen people on here mention them before, and I figure $40 is worth taking a shot with them.

Them maybe you should go back to OEM so you don't blind everyone like a retard.

I'm going to put more HIDs on my truck for you. :p:rolleyes:

But on a serious note, once I acquire the correct amount of monies, I will be switching to proper projectors and a lower wattage kit.

I've been wanting to pick up a cheap HID kit from these guys for a while. Like a month ago their website was pretty much out of everything, and I was hearing rumors that they weren't doing HID kits any more. You couldn't even get to the order screen for the slim kits. Now you can apparently order them again? I'm totally confused, does anyone know what's going on?

I've seen people on here mention them before, and I figure $40 is worth taking a shot with them.

I think it is mainly a supply and demand issue. High demand, low supply. Rather then jack up the price they run behind and sometimes out on stock. That being said I LOVE MY DDM HIDS. I will be putting a set in the gf's car now that the 55w kits are listed again. I am also looking at replacing mine with a lower kelvin kit.

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered a 5000k kit the other day, but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet...hopefully it goes out this week. I am pretty electronically retarded so hopefully it's pretty easy lol.

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered a 5000k kit the other day, but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet...hopefully it goes out this week. I am pretty electronically retarded so hopefully it's pretty easy lol.

I waited over 3 weeks for mine to ship. And yes they're very simple to install.

In the newer WRXs, unless yours came with factory HIDs you'll need to do the squirrel finder mod. They aim pretty high by default and have a lot of glare, but all you need to eliminate it is bend the little piece of metal in the projectors, and you can do it by hand. I have them in my WRX too and they're fantastic.

In the newer WRXs, unless yours came with factory HIDs you'll need to do the squirrel finder mod. They aim pretty high by default and have a lot of glare, but all you need to eliminate it is bend the little piece of metal in the projectors, and you can do it by hand. I have them in my WRX too and they're fantastic.

Yeah I've seen some pictures of HID's in the stock projectors with the squirrel finder mod. They actually look like legit HID's, opposed to HID's in halogen projectors.

Oh and I totally missed your intro thread haha your car is very sexy. Have you ordered any parts for it yet?

Yes sir, Nameless axleback "exhaust", Perrin downpipe, Perrin cold air intake, STi wing, Pioneer HD5200 headunit (makes a HUGE difference), and I'll be protuned by Eric of Applied Tuning on April 5th.

Nice to meet you haha