Dynotune Nitrous???

Wonderboy

Anybody here have any experience with this brand of nitrous kits? I saw on their web page that they have an air/fuel shut off switch that sounded pretty cool. Also, they seem to be very well priced. I was just searching around the webs and wondering if anybody had any info/ feedback.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=67

I just thought it was interesting that they seem to be significantly cheaper than alot of other nitrous companies. Its good to hear that they offer decent products at those prices. I wonder if that air/fuel switch is pretty reliable or not.

I just thought it was interesting that they seem to be significantly cheaper than alot of other nitrous companies. Its good to hear that they offer decent products at those prices. I wonder if that air/fuel switch is pretty reliable or not.

check ls1tech man, I am sure there are thread about them...

I was going to pick up one of those AF cutoffs and if you search tech there are loads of threads about them. They seem hit or miss. Personally, I wouldn't rely on one to protect my engine but as an extra safety measure, it couldn't hurt.

I was going to pick up one of those AF cutoffs and if you search tech there are loads of threads about them. They seem hit or miss. Personally, I wouldn't rely on one to protect my engine but as an extra safety measure, it couldn't hurt.

So if they are hit or miss, what type of safety cutoff do you guys recommend? Because on the dynotune website they make a good point about how the fuel pressure cuttoff switches are not effective with a clogged injector or fuel jet. Could you use a fuel pressure and a/f cutoff together?

They're great guys, I had a lot of their parts on my Vette.....no complaints here.

Think of their parts as the "Kroger" brand of parts. Still just as good, just not name brand.

Thats good to hear. I may use them for the spray setup on the rx7 in the future. Still need to put a drivetrain in it but, I figured Id do some nitrous research now.

So if they are hit or miss, what type of safety cutoff do you guys recommend? Because on the dynotune website they make a good point about how the fuel pressure cuttoff switches are not effective with a clogged injector or fuel jet. Could you use a fuel pressure and a/f cutoff together?

We (Me, Sam, Linn, Eric, Steve, Josh, etc) personally never ever use those fuel safety cutoffs for that reason.... THEYRE ALL JUNK!

We (Me, Sam, Linn, Eric, Steve, Josh, etc) personally never ever use those fuel safety cutoffs for that reason.... THEYRE ALL JUNK!

yeah I don't use them. its just one more thing that could fail......

from my experience the simpler you keep nitrous the better.

If you don't have the mentality for it then go with a different power adder. I put it on my LT1 firebird because it was cheap and when off 100% driveable. I started out with a 60 hp dry shot activated only with a wot throttle switch- it worked great- then the more I thought/worried about it, I added a fp safety switch, then went about hiding the whole setup, then added a jacobs nitrous mastermind (under the pass seat), MSD ignition box, jetted up to 100 whp, extra fuel pump, shifter mounted button, pressure gauge, bottle heater, blanket, colder plugs etc... it rarely worked at that point, was a pain to diagnose, and nitrous was no longer cheap for me. Sort of a pain really, you have to keep track of its level which is difficult without taking the bottle out and weighing it, can't leave the bottle open or it will leak, and if you don't heat it properly it wont hit right at half a bottle its not easy either.

I went with h/c/i on my next car and then a supercharger on top and on the vette its blower or nothing.... well I haven't tried turbos yet.