99 FRC Vette $11,900........

neonkiller

On the ride home from Kentucky I saw just about that. I really fucked up my average on a really empty stretch of 71 though. Do eeeeeet Shanton.

Ive been tossing around the Idea of a LS1 Swapped car but at the same time there are so many issues going on in my life I really just wanna sell the VW and get into a new project.

A LS1 swapped car is cool but so is a Swapped lsx car IE rx7 or 240 and s2000.

So far the Vette is in the lead.

My big question is the FRC or the Coupe. I really like the coupe's however when Linn posts a picture like that FRC It makes me wet...

Ive been tossing around the Idea of a LS1 Swapped car but at the same time there are so many issues going on in my life I really just wanna sell the VW and get into a new project.

A LS1 swapped car is cool but so is a Swapped lsx car IE rx7 or 240 and s2000.

So far the Vette is in the lead.

My big question is the FRC or the Coupe. I really like the coupe's however when Linn posts a picture like that FRC It makes me wet...

Can you go wrong with any of those cars LSx swapped ? As far as which vette to get, and this is subjective of course, I do prefer fixed roofs, however I loved the ttops on my 300zx in certain weather.

Plus its a vette

The GTO is a jazzed up Bonneville,GM blew it on the design, went to Australia and got the holden. They could have retroed it back to the 66 style or even the 70 judge

mace

The GTO started from the beginning, planning on using the Holden.

The production number was announced prior to the first car being built.

Every 04 sold.

Not much of a "blowing it" IMO.

:p

Go with a vette Shanton. GTO is just a glorified grand amm. Vettes are going down in price alot esp. c5's. I have even found plunty of c5 zo6's for under 20k with 30 to 40 thousand miles on them and are in show room condition. You just have to look for them. I think I am going to hold out for a used c6 body style when I make my buy but I am still thinking about a c5 z as well if I can not find what I want in the c6 once Im in the market... Plus keep in mind the "vette makes em wet" and no gto will do that...

Go with a vette Shanton. GTO is just a glorified grand amm.

Damn straight. I can hardly tell them apart.

It's just a 350-400hp, RWD, LSx - powered, 6 speed, ultra-comfortable sports car with IRS glorified "version" of the Grand Am. Plus, you know, it shares SO MANY parts with those junky Grand Ams.

Really, GTOs are built on the same assembly line as the Grand Ams and Grand Prixs. Just a different emblem and wheels.

True story.

Damn straight. I can hardly tell them apart.

It's just a 350-400hp, RWD, LSx - powered, 6 speed, ultra-comfortable sports car with IRS glorified "version" of the Grand Am. Plus, you know, it shares SO MANY parts with those junky Grand Ams.

Really, GTOs are built on the same assembly line as the Grand Ams and Grand Prixs. Just a different emblem and wheels.

True story.

Exactly. Also, Toyota Supras are just glorified Corollas.

• 1 month later...

Have to create a sign-on to see

mace

Here's a good deal on a C5 Z06.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/texas-classifieds/1417178-fs-c5-z06-corvette-w-mods-headers-cam-cutouts-cai-etc-18k.html

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa66/chadtriche/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20February%202k11/DSCN1330.jpg

shanton, c5 are really coming down in price. I sold the white one you used to pull on for 16k with 40,000 miles on it, and that was high i remember seeing some stockish ones for between 13 and 15. Get one very fun to drive.