How is this for some BULLSHIT!!!!

everoblivion2005

So if the title doesn't make it obvious I'm pissed as hell. So i bought a 06 chevy aveo for my wife before our divorce in 2008. i took the aveo and put it in storage with only storage insurance on it (was still making payments). when i took it from her the loan payments were soooo behind that the car i bought for 9500 i owed 11500. ipayed it back down to 8700 befrore i wrecked my truck and had to start driving it. so i put a full coverage policy on it thinking every thing was okay. well i recently moved and it turns out that my bank kept sending letters to that address telling me that they didn't have proof of full coverage and that they were going to add one to my loan. well i obvioiusly didn't get them and when i checked my online account i owe 10300 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not paying it!!!! is there anyway i can just give this damn car to them and say peace i'm out? my credit is already shot to hell after my divorce so i really don't care bout that.

2 options. call the bank with the load, and tell them you are filing bankruptcy. sometimes they will fold and forgive the money, if they don't, actually file it.

Bankruptcy laws have changed big time since 8+ years ago. Also filing over that little bit is not worth a 10 year hit on your record.

Depending on the bank, if you show them that the vehicle was covered during the time in question they will probably adjust your balance.

If it wasn't covered, or you can show proof, shame on you.

+1 here. If the bank puts a force placed insurance policy on something, you can usually fax them proof that it was insured for the referenced dates and they will reimburse you that amount or credit to the account. I have had this happen on a rental unit because the escrow wasn't set up properly, it isn't fun. I would call the insurance department of the bank and ask them for their fax # and then give that number to your insurance agent to fax the proof.

Divorce - when your wife takes half of your assets and leaves you with all of your liabilities.

This is why when given the choice, I always chose to spend money on my motorcycling than on a girl. My bike will never lose its goddamn mind and leave me and ruin my finances/credit :p

That sucks, but dude seriously an aveo????? i hope it has extra dark tint on the windows. J/K

no i look and feel like a fag driving it. i need to get rid of it. but in this economy no one wants to pay 8500 for a glorified metro. seriously i had people call the FOR SALE number asking how much i wanted for my geo........ ahhhhh!!!! and i fully agree with harb. i need to get rid of this pos and buy some beater truck.