More digital Makeup

TTQ B4U

I like photoshop for all my editing. I can't stand to use aperture on my Mac or lightroom. I don't understand it. Photoshop I've pretty much mastered. Now on to illustrator, ugh. Good shots btw. Wish I had a baller ass dslr

Good shots btw. Wish I had a baller ass dslr

Thanks. No need for a DSLR though.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86862&highlight=point+shoot

I see a lot of folks shooting with them who really don't ever use the features or capabilities they offer. I also see a number of nicer DSLR's with cheap lenses mounted to them. I still do a lot of shooting with Bridge cameras or P&S models. Depends on the reason and venue.

I'll agree with you, a good cameraman doesn't need a good camera. But a good camera nowadays at least makes an average fuck a good cameraman. What technologies are coming in the cameras today can make every shot great. More low level pics come out better, more depth, and faster shots are just some of the major benefits.

But a good camera nowadays at least makes an average fuck a good cameraman.

I disagree. You're quote should read "a good camera nowadays at least will give the average fuck a better Image Quality", but it will NOT make them a better cameraman.

You can give my 40D or 5DMKII and anyone of my lenses to a random guy on this board (with enough insurance) but unless they know how to use the gear, or understanding how to paint-with-light, they won't do well shooting a car let alone a portrait or even a race. Fuck, look at all the pics and exif data results for said pics that get posted around here. I'm often shocked to see what comes from some fairly nice camera bodies.

Just the same, I can buy my wife a ZO6 and she'll still come in dead last in a road course race with me in the MS3. In fact a DSLR is very much like this comparison. Far too many people who buy them use full auto mode and slow stock lenses with poor optics.

What technologies are coming in the cameras today can make every shot great. More low level pics come out better, more depth, and faster shots are just some of the major benefits.

Low light shots can turn out great even with a cell phone if processed right; some of the newer DSLR's are actually producing less dynamic range as a sacrifice to MP's which consumers buy off on and while they shoot faster it often results in just delivering a larger number of poor shots to the man wielding it.

Meh. Agree to disagree. You teach the avg guy off the streets 10 minutes about a STD d90 with a halfway decent lens, and a teach the same guy 30 minutes of aperature, I bet he will surprise you! No metadata needed.

great comparison between cars and cameras. I can promise that an average person would have an enormously hard time learning to get a photo in focus with my gear. It really does take practice and auto mode only takes a photo on a dslr it simply wasnt meant to be used and does not work even as well as a point and shoot. Other reason for this is sensor size vs dof. Much easier to get a subject in focus on a small sensor.

Meh. Agree to disagree.

^^ ditto.

You teach the avg guy off the streets 10 minutes about a STD d90 with a halfway decent lens, and a teach the same guy 30 minutes of aperature, I bet he will surprise you!

10 minutes with a D90 will not teach him to get great images. It will show him how to use auto mode and how to fumble with priority modes yet no way will he understand them.

What they absolutely won't accomplish is what truly makes a great cameraman. You can't use Aperature or Photoshop enough to fix that need.

If you really want to see an expensive DSLR go to waste for 95% of the population using them, hand them a need for flash photography.