My son's first fish

verse

He loves going fishing with Daddy, but we just started taking him at the end of last year and he never was patient enough to catch anything (he turns 4 next week). Today he outdid his dad and his uncle, catching just about everything, but this was his first.

I can't get him to stop talking about fishing now. I've created a monster.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208245_1617205677345_1452464254_31194392_2198473_n.jpg

Good to see the crappie are biting.

Yeah, it seems like people do pretty well fishing for crappie there. It's just off 62 in Harrisburg, pretty much right across the street from my house.

Is that the newer park that used to be the horse riding place?

Yeah. Seems pretty stocked. I'm sure I'll be out there quite often.

On a related note, Brian Rolle the OSU linebacker was out there fishing by himself as well. Seemed like a pretty nice guy.

How did you get him to sit still long enough to make a catch? I took my kids last year and it lasted all of twenty minutes.

^^ this is what I'm likely going to have happen. Although Crappie in April hit quick and often. I need to take a trip to Salt Fork before the season for them is over.

My six year old might have the patience for it if it's just he and I. The other two no way. The five year old will want to gossip the whole time, and the 12 year old would rather go scavenging along the bank.

I want to take my boys fishing too but feel taking 3 5y/o will be a waste of time

How did you get him to sit still long enough to make a catch? I took my kids last year and it lasted all of twenty minutes.

I just told him if he wanted to catch anything he'll have to be patient and just hold his fishing pole. Last year was pretty bad, he would just reel it in every 5 seconds, walk up and down the bank just dragging it.