iPhone halp

JaSSon

Trolls, please piss off. Really need my cell working.

I've got a 3gs. Today I updated to 4.3.1 thru iTunes. I used redsn0w to JB, and I wanted to keep my unlock so I selected the "use iPad baseband" option. BB 6.15.00.

When I came up into iOS 4.3.1, I noticed I had no data connection. No biggie, installed ultrasn0w thru Cydia, still no connection with AT&T. I restored and JB'ed again, same result. I tried to restore and JB without the "use iPad BB" option. Bricked. I tried to restore back to iOS 4.1 (have SHSH's saved on Cydia) , got iTunes error 1600, 1603, or 1604 (I tried several times). I then made a basic custom .ipsw thru pwnagetool, iTunes errors there too, received error 24 and 1015.

It's stuck in recovery now, TinyUmbrella won't kick it out, green poison failed, sn0wbreeze failed, the Redsn02 "boot tethered" option doesn't work. Any ideas?

I've been googling, I haven't found anything terribly useful.

My iphone tech knowledge is slim, but it sounds like you flashed the ipad's radio (aka baseband) on an iphone, so now you need to flash the iphone's radio back on the phone...

I'd wait for a second opinion though.

My iphone tech knowledge is slim, but it sounds like you flashed the ipad's radio (aka baseband) on an iphone, so now you need to flash the iphone's radio back on the phone...

I'd wait for a second opinion though.

Basically, but it's a modified iPad BB that works on iPhones and still allows a carrier unlock.

Here's the problem, it's not possible to downgrade a baseband. The iPad BB is 6.15.00 The iPhone BB is 5.xx.xx.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/loaded321/broke_ass_iphone.png

Wow, iTunes doesn't even know what's plugged in anymore.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/loaded321/ituneserror.png

Error!

bad news people who have had this issue cant get the iphone baseband back on so basically you found the one way to brick an iphone. There was a thread on macrumors that someone was able to fix the phone but you would have to search for it. Why would you try to keep the baseband if you are on att lol doesnt make much sense

Looks like you're shit outta luck.. You can

A. Send it into apple and give them a bs story about you had multiple devices plugged into iTunes while trying to restore the phone, and it somehow got all fubared, but I doubt they would buy it

B. Hope they come out with a firmware that upgrades the baseband

C. Drop that bush in a pond or claim it stolen if you have insurance on it..

I'd try cold booting it, but yank the battery out in the middle of the booting process. Do this a few times at various stages of the boot. That's how I use to fix Macintrash POSs in highschool.

Because the battery is so easy to remove on an iphone.

I thought the jb instructions said if you are unlocked don't use redsn0w.

You can use redsn0w if you're unlocked. The problem is you lose that unlock. That's where the 6.15.00bb is supposed to come into play.

RIP.

Seems that way.

Like someone else asked, why are you unlocking if you're already on AT&T?

Not a dick question, just trying to understand what you were trying to do.

I took a vaca a few years ago to Mexico and couldn't use my cell because of roaming costs. Being unlocked would have solved that. I like having the option.

Cliffs: because I could.