Senna Movie gets USA-wide release date - July 2011

Das Borgen

The Senna documentary finally got a widespread USA release date for us to enjoy. It was originally slated to (and was) shown at 2 theaters in LA and NYC (the latter of which I actually used to live within 2 blocks of on St Marks Place)

I had downloaded the documentary on torrent but I decided to wait to see it on the big screen.

few people in life become great racers, few become great philanthropists and even fewer become both like Senna did.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1057868_ayrton-senna-movie-coming-to-u-s-this-july

http://images.thecarconnection.com/sml/senna-movie_100345533_s.jpg

my favorite quote from him

By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. I race to win as long as I feel it's possible. Sometimes you get it wrong? Sure, it's impossible to get it right all the time. But I race designed to win, as long as I feel I'm doing it right

this is him going for those gaps

6th to 1st on the 1st lap of the Donnington Park race in '93.

Schumacher may have won the most races ever but those who know will always say Senna was the best ever

• 3 months later...

I finally saw this. I enjoyed it very much. I was just a kid when all this went on, so I never really knew or understood all the politics and drama that went on, I just liked him for being a good driver, but there was so much more to him.

I wasn't happy when he moved to Williams simply because I like McLaren better as a team. I think if he stayed with McLaren, things would have been so different, probably would still be around today.

• 4 weeks later...

which cinema has it in columbus? (or anywhere else in OH?)

when does it open?

edit: doh :( ohio doesn t get it)

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1063493_u-s-dates-cities-and-theaters-for-senna-biopic-announced

Dates, cities and venues are as follows:

August 12

Los Angeles, CA: Landmark Theater

New York, NY: Landmark Sunshine Cinema

August 19

Austin, TX: Violet Crown Cinema

Berkeley, CA Landmark Shattuck Cinemas

Cambridge, MA: Landmark Kendall Square Cinema

Chicago, IL: Landmark Century Centre Cinema

Dallas, TX: Angelika Dallas Film Center

Detroit, MI: Landmark Main Art Theater

Miami, FL: AMC Sunset Place 24

Nashville, TN: Belcourt Theater

Philadelphia, PA: Landmark Ritz at the Bourse

San Francisco, CA: Landmark Embarcadero Center Cinema

Washington, D.C.: Landmark E Street Cinema

August 26

Atlanta, GA: Landmark Midtown Art Cinema

Denver, CO: Landmark Chez Artiste

Minneapolis, MN: Landmark Lagoon Cinema

Palm Springs, CA: Cinemas Palme d’Or

Palo Alto, CA: Location TBD

Portland, OR: Regal Fox Tower Stadium

San Diego, CA: Landmark Ken Cinema

Seattle, WA: Landmark Varsity Theater

September 2

Charlotte, NC: Park Terrace

Indianapolis, IN: Regal Downtown West Cinema

Knoxville, TN: Landmark Keystone Art Cinema

St. Louis, MO: Landmark Tivoli Theater

September 23

Santa Fe, NM: UA DeVargas Mall

That had it on Netflix instant for one day on the anniversary of his crash, I watched it then, but would definitely go see it in the theater if it came here.

that s beside the point...I downloaded the film way early this year but I wanted to see it on a big old theater screen

man, i was thnking about this last night before i went to bed and i cant believe i wont be able to see it in a theater

f seeing it on the big screen, I just want to see it period. Not a Netflix member so I missed the download, and as far as I understand the only copies on DVD that you can still currently find have regional coding on them and won't work unless you've got a means to hack the code with your player.

I'd watch it on my phone if I could just get my hands on a working copy.

man, i was thnking about this last night before i went to bed and i cant believe i wont be able to see it in a theater

wanna daytrip to Detroit with me? :)

f seeing it on the big screen, I just want to see it period. Not a Netflix member so I missed the download, and as far as I understand the only copies on DVD that you can still currently find have regional coding on them and won't work unless you've got a means to hack the code with your player.

I'd watch it on my phone if I could just get my hands on a working copy.

i have a great quality on my computer but like I said, I want to see it on a big screen out of respect for the best F1 driver ever (well...maybe Fangio was better)

Downloaded a nice HD copy of this from the newsgroups.

It will bring tears to your eyes, such a moving piece!

I tried really hard to not watch my HD copy on my computer I've had for 5 months or so.......I REALLY REALLY wanted to watch it on the big screen