Extreme Couponing...

HotCarl

You don't think that a checkout with multiple carts full of food, a camera crew, and a stack of coupons will naturally attract attention? These people can take an hour to check out. Most of the people standing around are employee's/managers of the store.

The BS part of this is that to get to these people's level you need to have a grocery store that will credit back any overage from the coupon (0.75 item, $1 coupon = 0.25 credit). No stores around here, at least around me, will do that. It's also about finding a store that has their own promotions that can be combined with manufacturer coupons, and even better if they allow that while giving double coupons.

Since the time when my wife was laid off, we've tried to coupon as much as we can. Sure, you won't get rich but you can usually save ~40% on your order.

You don't think that a checkout with multiple carts full of food, a camera crew, and a stack of coupons will naturally attract attention? These people can take an hour to check out. Most of the people standing around are employee's/managers of the store.

The BS part of this is that to get to these people's level you need to have a grocery store that will credit back any overage from the coupon (0.75 item, $1 coupon = 0.25 credit). No stores around here, at least around me, will do that. It's also about finding a store that has their own promotions that can be combined with manufacturer coupons, and even better if they allow that while giving double coupons.

Since the time when my wife was laid off, we've tried to coupon as much as we can. Sure, you won't get rich but you can usually save ~40% on your order.

The way i understand it is no store will pay you in that situation. You can just use your "overage" to purchase another product, say steaks for example. The way i was taught to do this was simple. Only buy items that are both on sale and you have a coupon for, majority amount of the time they wont be free but they'll be discounted heavily. Mind you i have a shit ton of coupons for laundry detergent but even when they're onsale they're still not cheaper than the 1.99 purex so fuck that i still buy the purex. My sister went shopping recently and got like 30 boxes of cereal b/c they were .30 each or somthing crazy, i wouldnt do this but she has a family of 5 and they're looking to adopt so its more understandable in their situation.

Yeah, I don't mean literally 0.25 in your pocket, but that's 0.25 cents you gtet off another item. That's why that one lady bought 114 boxes of pain killer; because she was getting paid for each, so then she got her beef for free. All the stores around me won't credit you the overage, they'll just give you the one item for free.

I did that on cereal the other week. They had bulk size 50 oz bags on sale for $1.99 and I had a $1 off coupon. I only bought 5 though, not 30.

Was talking to my buddy about this show the other day, he is going to make his gf do this for him. He was using some coupon site that calculates all that stuff out for him. He said he saved like 60 bucks on a $110 load of groceries the other day. I will have to ask him what the website was.