Minecraft

jeffro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's an interesting retro-experiment, but as far as actually playing it? meh. I played a bit, built up a tower to where I hit the roof of the skybox, and tunneled underground...it gets boring after a few hours. The possibilities are many, since it's such an open world, but the interface and graphics are second rate. Maybe if it matures some more it would be worth it, but not right now.

You start with nothing, in a generated, infinite world. You attack little blocks with your hands. Hey, you got a bunch of wood, maybe you can make a crafting table? Now you can craft an axe or pickaxe or shovel or sword by putting these rocks in a certain way. Cool, nwo you can mine better stuff. Oh fuck, zombie. Better craft armor. You lost some health. Better go kill a pig and get some pork. Pork works better cooked, so you build a furnace, put some wood or coal in it... mmm cooked pork.

Its like that, but with way more. I don't play that much anymore, but when I got it, I easily played 45 hours in my first week.

You start with nothing, in a generated, infinite world. You attack little blocks with your hands. Hey, you got a bunch of wood, maybe you can make a crafting table? Now you can craft an axe or pickaxe or shovel or sword by putting these rocks in a certain way. Cool, nwo you can mine better stuff. Oh fuck, zombie. Better craft armor. You lost some health. Better go kill a pig and get some pork. Pork works better cooked, so you build a furnace, put some wood or coal in it... mmm cooked pork.

Its like that, but with way more. I don't play that much anymore, but when I got it, I easily played 45 hours in my first week.

holy fuck. i gave in and bought it. we should play multiplayer. doing a survival style would be fun.

My friend got me to get it before the beta so it only cost half as much as it does now. Whenever I played with him I would just mine down as far as I could. It's OK when I have nothing else to do, turn on some music and just dig for a couple hours. I don't really have the desire to look into how to build some of the crazier stuff.

• 3 weeks later...