Verizon Wireless - CS is really really incompetent.

Akula

About 6 Months ago I changed my auto-pay from Visa to AMEX. Every now and then, it just stops working. I get a call today, "Why haven't you paid?"

I asked the question, "Why haven't you taken the payment?"

"You aren't signed up for Auto-Pay"

I have been signed up for Auto-Pay for about 3 years, I changed from Visa to Amex but that is the only change. Apparently they canceled it and didn't tell me, then billed me for late payment. WTF?

Only took 30 minutes on the phone, with a supervisor, to get my account straightened out.

i fucking hate verizon.

i had a similar situation recently with Kemba credit union. I made a payment, got a phone call about 3 weeks later telling me i needed to get up to date. after a while of waiting on the phone he said that the payment was posted but it was still showing me as delinquent, i told them to eat a dick and they fix it.

Customer service anymore blows. all they want is your money

Ignore Chris, he stirs the pot with bs then gets defensive will people use facts against him. He's litterally been doing the same shit for years and hasnt learned from it.

One of two things happened... either the systems messed up, or your credit card company declined the transaction and it was removed after a few failed attempts. No human touched your account. Here is how it works with most major companies..

Attempt to bill, get declined, remove, charge you late fee, call when past due. If the credit card company did it then you are technically responsable for the late fee. However most companies would credit it back in a heart beat since you did have auto pay. If the rep gave you push back over $5 they were wasting your and their own time.

I called back and got a supervisor who looked into the issue. A human removed my credit card from my auto-pay to "try something". Not sure what, but it broke it and it wasn't authorized by me. They took the late fee back and now I have to wait until June for the autopay to catch back up as they cannot make it work in less than 60 days.

On a similar note, my other account (I give VZW like $400/month in business) my son signed one of our phones up for a premium service that charged us $10/month. VZ's default is any jackhole can sign you up for this service (joke a day, ring tones, etc...) and you have to pay for it. If you have Verizon, go online and turn off premium services or call VZ and turn it off. It is ON by default, it is up to you to opt out.

Or, sign up your ex's so they get charged the extra $10. Its a fun way to deal with odd behaviors in difficult systems.

Ignore Chris, he stirs the pot with bs then gets defensive will people use facts against him. He's litterally been doing the same shit for years and hasnt learned from it.

Oh really?

I'll gladly point out facts and personal experiences again of why Verizon is worthless. See I can do that because my next meal isn't depending on a paycheck from them. This post will probably get deleted anyway because you don't agree with it.

I called back and got a supervisor who looked into the issue. A human removed my credit card from my auto-pay to "try something". Not sure what, but it broke it and it wasn't authorized by me. They took the late fee back and now I have to wait until June for the autopay to catch back up as they cannot make it work in less than 60 days.

On a similar note, my other account (I give VZW like $400/month in business) my son signed one of our phones up for a premium service that charged us $10/month. VZ's default is any jackhole can sign you up for this service (joke a day, ring tones, etc...) and you have to pay for it. If you have Verizon, go online and turn off premium services or call VZ and turn it off. It is ON by default, it is up to you to opt out.

Or, sign up your ex's so they get charged the extra $10. Its a fun way to deal with odd behaviors in difficult systems.

The problem here is you need more education. You were told bs and believed it then you think a random person can sign you up for premium text. You have to give the company permission to change you from the phone. Unless your ex is on the account they can't bill you.

Oh really?

I'll gladly point out facts and personal experiences again of why Verizon is worthless. See I can do that because my next meal isn't depending on a paycheck from them. This post will probably get deleted anyway because you don't agree with it.

You are comical at best. You mean to tell me there are 100 million customers and some of them are not happy..omg! Like I said in another thread.. your experience counts but you discredit JD power who say Verizon is the best because its completed by stupid customers. I agree with facts and avoid being a cult like T-Mobile follower like you. Now stop saying your opinion is fact and maybe I'll stop laughing at you.

I like Chris, but online he's my wireless nemesis

You are comical at best. You mean to tell me there are 100 million customers and some of them are not happy..omg! Like I said in another thread.. your experience counts but you discredit JD power who say Verizon is the best because its completed by stupid customers. I agree with facts and avoid being a cult like T-Mobile follower like you. Now stop saying your opinion is fact and maybe I'll stop laughing at you.

Most people don't know the difference between their ass and their elbow. Someone told them once that they need a cellphone, so they went to Verizon because they are unaware that there are other places that provide cellphone service. You can forget that they even know that there is such a thing as CDMA or GSM, or god forbid they actually shop around and compare price vs service vs options. So they are happy because they don't know any better. It's like the frog in the well, let me be your sea turtle!

It's not that everyone would be unhappy with them, they have great benefits and features if you need those things, I just don't think that most people do.

Most people don't know the difference between their ass and their elbow. Someone told them once that they need a cellphone, so they went to Verizon because they are unaware that there are other places that provide cellphone service. You can forget that they even know that there is such a thing as CDMA or GSM, or god forbid they actually shop around and compare price vs service vs options. So they are happy because they don't know any better. It's like the frog in the well, let me be your sea turtle!

It's not that everyone would be unhappy with them, they have great benefits and features if you need those things, I just don't think that most people do.

Yeah, but we also don't know what percentage of those people do know the difference. I would have to assume at least 30% now a days. People are a lot smarter than they used to be.

Fact: People are getting smarter, as evident by the increase of Audi's and Android devices being bought....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcRxNZwLZfIgr5R8J3utoBHPyCyvR2ABHOXhV8KvkUiR_9BZGJ