Import face off Cincinnati, OH 5/1/11

cbustuner

I figured it's close enough so some of you guys might be interested.I will be going,even if it's just to spectate.This is IFO's first even in Cinci,so if it goes well they will host more events there,or even host more events in Ohio in general.

http://www.importfaceoff.net/cincinnati.htm

Weather permitting, I'm meeting up with the Fast & Furious group (real name: Sport & Import Car Club of Columbus) on Sunday, May 1st, at 9:00 a.m. at Cup o' Joe to drive together to the event. This club is the group that sponsors the Fast & Furious Friday night meets at Quaker Steak. http://www.meetup.com/Columbus-import-car-club/events/16900391/

Last year we won the best club participation trophy and club members won 5 or 6 trophies. I won best Import-Luxury with the Mercedes. This year I have to decide whether to race or show because the same car now can't do both. :(

I'm sure anyone from CR would be welcome to join the convoy down to Cincy. They've promised to show us the secret tunnels.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, that was nutty. And their "check for cancellation" thread was never updated. I checked their recorded phone message to get the word around 11 a.m., although it was obvious that they weren't going to have the track open today.

We, the wife, child, and I, went down Saturday to Newport aquarium and stayed the night. Then were gonna spend the day at the track. But when we got there it was closed :( so we went to the cincinnati zoo instead. Bummed but was still able to do something fun with the family