HUGE shoutout to OVO.

Otis Nice

Just got off the phone with Carl (the owner) at OVO. Explained that between my wife, myself, my father, and my brother we've spent over $2K there this year alone. Hell, just on Sunday we picked up wifeys Bodyguard (as most of you know) 150 rounds of .38, 150 rounds of 9mm, glasses, and a holster, brother got a Mossberg 835, 2 boxes of shells, a box of .22LR, dad got a new range bag, 3 boxes 9mm and a box of .22LR, and range time all around. Serious coinage dropped in about 30 minutes. $900 - $1000 total I believe.

When I got home I realized that while Gander and OVO had the S&W for $499.99 Vances had it on sale for $429.99. I called yesterday and of course they were closed.

Called when they opened today and Dan helped me but said ultimately I'd have to talk to Carl and he isn't in until noon. He tells me that when shoppers bring in an ad they usually price match but after the sale the owner would have to make that call. Hmmm. Doesn't look promising.

I call in, ask for Carl, he picks up without making me wait too long, and I explain the situation. Convo went something like this:

Me: "Hi Carl. My name is Randy. (See first 2 paragraphs). I was wondering if you could price match even after the sale. If not I'd like to see if you could make up the difference in ammo and/or accessories."

Carl: "Yeah Randy. Not a problem. We can definitely match that price for you. Just bring in the receipt."

I can't express the service I've gotten here repeatedly. This guy could've said, "All sales final. Eff off." Instead he asks for no details but assures me he'll work with me.

I'd +rep them if I could. :D