Fuck Chevrolet!!!!!

cbrjess0815

I'm about to have a full out war with my sister dealership Kerry Chevrolet. They are going down! They tried to screw me over replacing a cam and lifters 3 months ago in my mother's truck and now I come to find out they didn't even fix it! I've got Kerry Auto group regional managers, general managers and everyone I know with 6 digit salaries backing me up on this so it's on!! :beating::boxing::rant:

oh i know, but they ARE gonna redo the job I paid for to begin with and Im not gonna pay a dime! That truck did the same damn thing before it went into that dealership and $1800 later, it has the exact same problem in the exact same head and its still doesnt run for shit!!! I could have put a whole motor in that fucking thing for 1500, but nooooo, they knew exactly what was wrong. Fuck them, I know they only replaced the lifter and dint replace the valve seats or springs. even though they were on the repair order and paid for... I am soooo going over there and raising 7 kinds of hell!

I feel for you. I had a Pontiac dealership do a clutch and pressure plate, and when the parts came out AGAIN to fix the clutch, I could clearly see the original work had not been done. (original damaged pressure plate gouged the new clutch surface.) I was so mad, I didn't dare go back there.

I don't know what it is, or why it has to be this way, but when I ask a place for work and play dumb, they often try to jerk me around. Then I tell them how it works, and what I know. That really pisses them off, to be caught in a batch of lies.

I've found GM brake jobs without the little pad anti-rattle tabs bent down. Duh.

I've found 10 spark plug wires under a hood after a tune up. Duh.

I've had to show the mechanic which way ball joints go in the control arm. Duh.

I've had mechanics swear they can do an alignment, when there was no alignment gear in the shop... Duh.

I've found Cadillac fuel injectors completely disconnected from a car purchased from a used car lot. Yeah, it ran that way, sort of... That one went back with a word from the Attorney General. Messing with emissions is a big no-no. Duh.

I had a co-worker drop a car off to be checked out, and they disassembled the engine for her. The Attorney General shut the place down after I called. No charge. Duh.

Long list, it never ends, buyer beware...

To rant on top of your rant...

I would blame the schiesters at that dealership...not Chevrolet or GM. Stories like this are the second half of the "Why GM is going under" equation. They honestly do make good cars/trucks/etc - now, but when people end up with horrible dealership experiences (I've had them too - I've owned and driven nothing but GM-mobiles) - they blame the parent company. I'm not saying that's all misplaced blame (as GM should do a better job reprimanding crappy dealers), but GM can't hover over each dealership to make sure they're doing what they're supposed to.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Too bad you aren't up north here. Mark (duc1098rdr) is one of the upstanding Chevy dealers - he would've treated you right.

I love gm and am a chevy guy.....BUT i do ALL my maintenance myself. No way does a stealership touch my stuff. I have a friend that is a good mechanic and he does the major work that i need done (anything more than oil changes/brakes/sparkplugs).

I've had a bad experience with dealerships too. I spent over 2k for VW (Florence) to change my timing chain....come to find out they didn't even touch it. Took it back and they wanted to charge me ANOTHER 4k to fix it. Seriously? Needless to say I no longer own a VW. haha

This is why I won't let ANYONE touch anything I own. If there is anything you think you can't do, spend 15 min with the person your about to pay to do it. You'll normally change your mind. I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay some parts changer at a dealer to fuck up my stuff.

No, its the garbage motor 5.3 in the 2000 silverado... But they cant tell me why the cam isn't getting oil from the block, so they need to just fess up and put a motor in it. Which they admitted it needs and that they should have done that to begin with. We'll see what happens when the regional manager calls me back...

Did you call Chevy headquarters? I used to work for BMW North America as a PR rep, and one of my jobs was to take calls about dealerships fucking up, and make things right...It's against the dealership and not Chevy, but it's a franchise of Chevy and you should at least call!

Did you call Chevy headquarters? I used to work for BMW North America as a PR rep, and one of my jobs was to take calls about dealerships fucking up, and make things right...It's against the dealership and not Chevy, but it's a franchise of Chevy and you should at least call!

I will be callin chevy if I don't hear what I want to during the next phone call. I've made them an offer that they would be rather stupid to not take me up on.

I've had a bad experience with dealerships too. I spent over 2k for VW (Florence) to change my timing chain....come to find out they didn't even touch it. Took it back and they wanted to charge me ANOTHER 4k to fix it. Seriously? Needless to say I no longer own a VW. haha

That's the wrong attitude. A dealership being retarded is no reason to swear off a brand. No timing chain and tune-up would ever cost 2 grand, and for you to agree to such a thing is stupidity on your part. I've been through 2 VWs in 21 years and they have always treated me well. However, I never use a dealership to service my vehicles either. The local mechanic has the same tools and does much better work.

GG on being a gullible sap who'll pay 2 grand for a timing chain

also - sorry for the thread dump. I hope you (OP) get due justice against that craptastic dealership!

That's the wrong attitude. A dealership being retarded is no reason to swear off a brand. No timing chain and tune-up would ever cost 2 grand, and for you to agree to such a thing is stupidity on your part. I've been through 2 VWs in 21 years and they have always treated me well. However, I never use a dealership to service my vehicles either. The local mechanic has the same tools and does much better work.

GG on being a gullible sap who'll pay 2 grand for a timing chain

also - sorry for the thread dump. I hope you (OP) get due justice against that craptastic dealership!

if the said VW motor was a VR6, then yeah, it would easily cost $2k for timing chain, its on the back of the motor and trans needs to be pulled to access, but i have never seen one needing chains replaced with less than 180K miles, but i do agree, vw have treated me well, my daily is an old jetta turbo diesel, 50 mpg, has over 315,000 miles and runs like a champ, and i have owned 7 vw's and audi's that had at least 250k all the way up to 347k miles on the clock, all with original motors, trannys, and some even had original clutch- i know this cause i bought it from original owner