CR Poker

TurboNova

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down.

Killjoy, didn't we try to get a poker game together a while ago?

My suggestion is that, if we had regular poker game, that the stakes or whatever are kept low. Higher stakes get people too far bent out of shape too easily. The game should be fun, not stressful.

I live in a new condo complex that has a nice clubhouse that I could rent out, provided that we had enough people willing to show up to justify the rental.

I'm down.

Killjoy, didn't we try to get a poker game together a while ago?

My suggestion is that, if we had regular poker game, that the stakes or whatever are kept low. Higher stakes get people too far bent out of shape too easily. The game should be fun, not stressful.

I live in a new condo complex that has a nice clubhouse that I could rent out, provided that we had enough people willing to show up to justify the rental.

Yes, yes we did. However, the "poker players" here kind of killed the idea do to what they consider to be a "fun" game.

I am sorry, I am not going to play a $20 game w/ Howie, Zac and Eli. Just not going to happen. They play to make money, not to have fun IMO. And to me, that just kills the whole thing.

Now, I am intersted in a $5 to $10 tourney style game that just just several folks sitting around BSing having fun....

KillJoy

Hard to get people to show up for less than $60. I get the "fun" part. And I hate taking money from people I know. Not saying I win all the time, but I never want to put a friend in bad spot for $. And there has to be the understanding that you don't show with what you can't afford to lose. $20 and less is a game people come up with when it's not planned and just what they have on them, for fun. Planned games are for fun and need to be worth the time and drive. Fun is a byproduct and is a given, since you know like minded people are there. You're not there to come up with how to do your next build, BUT, that may happen. That's the fun. A $20 game will have people All In in 30 minutes. Then the game's over. Now what?

I've played the high roller and the low baller games. Some with people on here, Eli, Howard, and Tilly. Tilly witnessed my Royal Flush in a tourny I played in on for Howard when he was out of town.

Find 8 0r so people who agree on an amount, then they play. It might end up being different groups.

Im sure if we got enough people to get together we could have two tables. One for those who agree to play a higher stakes game and the other for a "fun" game. Either way its all in good fun and a time to get people together and have some beer and laughs.

I'm down.

Was it at Patons house where that guy said something racist in front of DJ?

And that one time I went crazy early on purpose so I could get out of the game to make 151 margaritas.

CR fun tourneys are usually pretty fun, we should make this happen.

P.s. Does anyone else say porpoise in their head when they read the word purpose?

Yes, yes we did. However, the "poker players" here kind of killed the idea do to what they consider to be a "fun" game.

I am sorry, I am not going to play a $20 game w/ Howie, Zac and Eli. Just not going to happen. They play to make money, not to have fun IMO. And to me, that just kills the whole thing.

Now, I am intersted in a $5 to $10 tourney style game that just just several folks sitting around BSing having fun....

KillJoy

why play poker if your not trying to win?

I am sorry, I am not going to play a $20 game w/ Howie, Zac and Eli. Just not going to happen. They play to make money, not to have fun IMO.

I can easily have fun in a $20 game. I treat every game the same way, and I always have fun at the table.

I can easily have fun in a $20 game. I treat every game the same way, and I always have fun at the table.

agree with this statement. even if it was like a .25 tourny id play too win but ask anyone I play with these days and they will tell you I talk alot and have fun with it. sorry for the run on sentence.