UG, the collection agency is at it again.

Akula

Unfortunately I have the same name as some dead-beat in CBUS. Yesterday my wife and I both get calls on our cell-phones asking for me/this guy. I say "this sounds like a collections call and you need to know that I am not the guy you are looking for."

The lady asks a few questions " are you married to yyy", "did you live in TOWNNAME"

"nope"

I have a few questions about this.

How did they get both mine and my wife's cell numbers?

How do I find this guy so I can get them to the right place?

They subscribe to a network that pulls info on people. Cell phone #'s went public 2 years ago and they have a skip tracer searching for this person known to be, or have been in the area you are. Your name being the same fucks you. Your wife's # is on the same account, I'm guessing, so that's how she gets the call too.

Dept collection is long, dirty work. And it's sold like cars. If you have not heard about this in a while and then it pops up, make sure you are getting the company name. I'm guessing the next call will be a different company, meaning the last one sold it because they couldn't get the guy.

So long as it's not on your credit, it just sucks

If you're really bored and what to know all your rights and the limitations of collector, read this.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre27.pdf

http://rhol.org/fcra/fcdca.htm