homeless lady arrested for.......

Das Borgen

sending her child to school

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/policereports/article/Bridgeport-woman-arrested-for-registering-son-in-1340009.php

A homeless woman from Bridgeport who enrolled her 6-year-old son at a Norwalk elementary school has become the first in the city to be charged with stealing more than $15,000 for the cost of her child's education. Tonya McDowell, 33, whose last known address was 66 Priscilla St., Bridgeport, was charged Thursday with first-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit first-degree larceny for allegedly stealing $15,686 from Norwalk schools. She was released after posting a $25,000 bond.

McDowell's babysitter, Ana Rebecca Marques, was also evicted from her Roodner Court public housing apartment for providing documents to enroll the child at Brookside Elementary School.

(click on link for more)

Education should be "free". It doesn't matter where you live, or pay taxes. If you are an American Citizen, you need to get a quality education.

THAT is what is fucked up in this Country...

KillJoy

I agree to a point.... I believe that all of our children deserve a quality education, but base it off of the same basic area that you live, (we'll say within 15 miles of your home...) so her box that she lives in should be within that set distance of the child's school

i think the better question here is how the hell did a homeless lady come up with 25 G's?

:nono:

That's not how bail bonds work, my young friend. All she needed for a $25,000 bail bond was for a friend, relative, or group to give 2-3k to a bondsman. I guess it's a good thing that you haven't yet had to learn about posting bail.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/41571_56951013508_5855632_n.jpg

Edited by Doc

Education should be "free". It doesn't matter where you live, or pay taxes. If you are an American Citizen, you need to get a quality education.

THAT is what is fucked up in this Country...

KillJoy

It is a sad world we live in when the illegals can go to school for free and the homeless are locked up for trying to better their children's lives.

Well she certainly isn't home-schooling him.

i see what you did there...heh...heheh..

It is a sad world we live in when the illegals can go to school for free and the homeless are locked up for trying to better their children's lives.

at least they aren't those dirty homeless :mad:

haha It's quite possible many of your 'illegals' are contributing more than your homeless. I feel like your statement wasn't really thought through, so to speak. lol

After further consideration, this thread is too ambivalent. Am I supposed to hate the homeless or cheer for them? Should education be free or should we pay for it? Are we supposed to enjoy it when Canadian geese get hit by cars or is that a sad face?

Help me here. H-A-L-P

After further consideration, this thread is too ambivalent. Am I supposed to hate the homeless or cheer for them? Should education be free or should we pay for it? Are we supposed to enjoy it when Canadian geese get hit by cars or is that a sad face?

Help me here. H-A-L-P

Let me try and help lol

Am I supposed to hate the homeless or cheer for them?

Most people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

Should education be free or should we pay for it?

The hardest thing to do at a community college is cheat on a test because the only people you can cheat off of also go to a community college.

Now I know that did not help much but it's true !!!

Last but not least

Are we supposed to enjoy it when Canadian geese get hit by cars or is that a sad face?

Geese guts bad :{ that sums that up

The ride has now come to a stop please return you seats to the upright position

and enjoy the rest of your day!