Have 28k, want a 4 door with some power

Diamonds

i would go with the 535xi out of your list. well I though on the X cause awd is awesome...

I have a 08 335xi and love it, I put on a JB4 used for $450 and it screams it should be making around 340 to the wheels.

obviously since you said you wanted something big, id go with the 535, as the back seats will have more room, mine aren't bad but if you want size, go with the 535, i wanted something more compact so i went with the 335. the 535 will be a tad slower due to the extra weight though.

you should be able to pick up a lower mileage 535xi for about $30k, i got my 335xi for $25800 with 41k miles.

oh and i would suggest the sport package and idrive/navi.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5227/5591573785_dd2b66b207.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been impressed with the G8 personally. Maybe it's just mr, but the interior seemed cheap, and I wasn't impressed with the ride. If it were to be a RWD, V8 powered sedan, I'd go 300C SRT8 all day long. It maybe big, but drives great. The power, ride quality, and interior are nicer than any G8.

Granted, the 335i seems to be some great bang for buck.

I feel the opposite when I got my G8 there was a 300C and a Charger SRT8 at the dealer and I drove all of them and while the SRT8 had more power it just did not ride as nice or refined as the G8. The interior on the 300C and SRT8 to me just seemed like typical Chrysler cheap interior that belonged in a econobox and not a sporty/luxury sedan. I also liked the sportier feel of the G8 interior much better and it fit the car much better.

My brother has a G8 GT. It's really nice. When I have to ditch the SVT Contour for another daily driver, it might very well be a G8. :nod:

And I would take that over a Chrysler product all day long and twice on Sundays. Chrysler sucks... :o

I'm guessing this will be a DD?

1) A8. Nice as hell, not all that fast.

2) Rover (I'm assuming LR3). Nice interior, go anywhere, feels like you're driving on a cloud.

3) CL55 AMG. It's quick, looks good but I don't like MB interiors all that much.

Go for test drives, pick the one you like the most.

I'm guessing this will be a DD?

1) A8. Nice as hell, not all that fast.

2) Rover (I'm assuming LR3). Nice interior, go anywhere, feels like you're driving on a cloud.

3) CL55 AMG. It's quick, looks good but I don't like MB interiors all that much.

Go for test drives, pick the one you like the most.

Biggest Bimmer hater...EVER. :p

M5 would be sick. Go drive one, you wont want anything else.

-Marc

tonight i testdrove a LS460. a GS460. and an m45

gs460 hauls fucking ass, m45 hauls ass, ls460 floats and is kinda quick

Im going to drive an a8. and a cl55amg... then pick from all 5.

Im leaning towards japanese because of maitenence and the m45 was plenty fast.

hmmmm

tonight i testdrove a LS460. a GS460. and an m45

gs460 hauls fucking ass, m45 hauls ass, ls460 floats and is kinda quick

Im going to drive an a8. and a cl55amg... then pick from all 5.

Im leaning towards japanese because of maitenence and the m45 was plenty fast.

hmmmm

If you think the M45 and GS460 is fast, you are in for a rude awakening. The CL55 AMG will knock your sock off. Please keep the traction control on.

Originally Posted by smokinHawk http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

I have a 08 335xi and love it, I put on a JB4 used for $450 and it screams it should be making around 340 to the wheels.

I'll take some of what your smoking...

And what do you know about tuning BMWs? Anything? Nothing? I've seen it done, and 400whp+ easily with DP, exhaust, tune, FMIC

Originally Posted by smokinHawk http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

And what do you know about tuning BMWs? Anything? Nothing? I've seen it done, and 400whp+ easily with DP, exhaust, tune, FMIC

This, they make 400wtq with just a tune.

you will probably need some high octane for that much power or a meth kit.

least from what i have seen others do on the forums.