Carry ideas

Reaper

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am much more accurate with my right but i can shoot with both if i have to as for mag change the glock makes it interesting i didn't think ohio was an open carry state and also i carry a s&w air weight .38+P so i can switch it up carry the glock in the shoulder and the 38 in the waist

Edited by Reaper

do u actually have one of those shirts? i would love to hear some feedback about them, regarding sizes and the actually ability to not droop w a 1911 or full size SW .40.. Other than that they look sweet!

I got one a few weeks ago and love it! It's like they took an under armor shirt and sewed a pocket on the side. the quality is awesome. Well worth it

Yea. The shirt looks cool but in an emergency you'd have to strip first.You're vulnerable during that time period.

Though I'm curious enough to consider it.

I think I'll go shoulder holster or IWB as well.

just keep in mind when you are drawing outta a shoulder holster your muzzle with prob cover everything/everyone when you go to pull it out. just food for thought when practicing drawing keep your finger off the trigger till you are on target.

and yes ohio is an open carry state for whoever asked

yea i'm pretty sure open carry would be more of a hassle then it's worth i got profiled my the cops when i lived in Florida and when i lived in TN for what i look like and what i was driving cant think of the looks my tattooed ass would get riding with a tactical thigh rig just hangin out there

I carry a Glock 27 (mini .40) as well. My favorite holster, which I actually have 2 of, is my Bianchi CarryLok

82_l.jpg

This is a great holster with trigger guard retention. The draw and unlock is very natural. I understand some concerns of the jacket coming up while riding, though it is technically legal, people are idiots and freak.

Currently while I ride I carry in my Maxpedition Thermite Versipack.

0401k2_2321_detail.jpg

(They come in several colors, of which mine is black)

The bag has a belt and leg strap, plenty of room for glasses, gloves, etc., but not so big as to be a problem while riding.

I am also in the process of having a custom shoulder rig made for the same gun. I have found no one makes a decent leather rig for the mini. I found a custom company called Little Feather Leather. An example of the model with a 1911:

LFL1CDX.jpg

Going to be black finish, and the double mag pouch will be replaced by a custom leather upright pocket with cover which will be about the same size but no divider. This will be a pocket for phone, wallet, etc.

relboc i have the same pistol i am currently carrying it with a don hume iwb i have 2 others one a bianchi that friend gave me and a fobus paddle along with my 511 push bag which thinking about it i could carry it while i ride when the time comes and i gives me room to carry a few things gloves,glass's,small medic kit,etc.....

That is the beauty of the Maxpedition bag. I hate my wallet in my pocket or cell on my belt while riding. Don't feel like picking them up when they bounce out at 70mph. Probably won't happen, but Blackberries have trouble making calls after a pavement slap. So all those little necessities fit in and the size of the bag does not restrict me.

I've always wondered if I'd like this shirt. Unless you have a button up shirt it seems like it isn't really that good of an idea.

Yea when I ride I usually wear a t-shirt under my jacket, especially in the summer. This wouldn't work for me in those situations.

I got one a few weeks ago and love it! It's like they took an under armor shirt and sewed a pocket on the side. the quality is awesome. Well worth it

how does the size compare to underarmor shirts? same or off a lil

that shoulder strap looks sweet!

I carry a Glock 27 (mini .40) as well. My favorite holster, which I actually have 2 of, is my Bianchi CarryLok

82_l.jpg

This is a great holster with trigger guard retention. The draw and unlock is very natural. I understand some concerns of the jacket coming up while riding, though it is technically legal, people are idiots and freak.

Currently while I ride I carry in my Maxpedition Thermite Versipack.

0401k2_2321_detail.jpg

(They come in several colors, of which mine is black)

The bag has a belt and leg strap, plenty of room for glasses, gloves, etc., but not so big as to be a problem while riding.

I am also in the process of having a custom shoulder rig made for the same gun. I have found no one makes a decent leather rig for the mini. I found a custom company called Little Feather Leather. An example of the model with a 1911:

LFL1CDX.jpg

Going to be black finish, and the double mag pouch will be replaced by a custom leather upright pocket with cover which will be about the same size but no divider. This will be a pocket for phone, wallet, etc.

I've always wondered if I'd like this shirt. Unless you have a button up shirt it seems like it isn't really that good of an idea.

Actually it's really easy to draw with a non-button up shirt on over top. Don't let it fool you!

Question for you guys that feel the need to carry.

What you going to do if some guy puts his knuckles across your jaw and starts kicking your ass for a bit? You can't shoot someone for whooping your ass. I still think it makes the weak feel tough. Just my $.02:dunno:

PS, I like guns. :woo: I want a glock actually, but I won't get my carry license because I don't trust myself.

Edited by NinjaNick

nick i have a question for you have you ever been robbed at gun point or watched someone you care about die in front of you and be helpless to stop it and after refuse to ever be weak or helpless again

i just moved up to this area mid january just before i moved i was working with my brother and we were moving dry wall on the job site and we were robbed at gun point and the thugs had already been invalved in a home invasion,robbed a group of people one street over ,then,us and to this day have yet to be caught as for the death my brothers bestfriend almost bled to death in my arms after he was stabbed 7 to 10 times at a party so yes i feel the need to carry everywhere i go and if some one feels the need to punch me or wants to kick my ass to show they are ignorant then i feel for them in the end

i just moved up to this area mid january just before i moved i was working with my brother and we were moving dry wall on the job site and we were robbed at gun point and the thugs had already been invalved in a home invasion,robbed a group of people one street over ,then,us and to this day have yet to be caught as for the death my brothers bestfriend almost bled to death in my arms after he was stabbed 7 to 10 times at a party so yes i feel the need to carry everywhere i go and if some one feels the need to punch me or wants to kick my ass to show they are ignorant then i feel for them in the end

Wow, sorry you experienced that Reaper. That's awful shit man. I would love to have a weapon in that situation too. As for the punching though, you would throw away your life to shoot them in the end? Totally not worth it. Things sure are different than when I grew up. If somebody tried to fight you, you threw fists and when one fell it was over unless they came back at you. Though it seems nowadays THAT's not even safe anymore. A guy I work with defended himself at 3am at a wafflehouse and the 1st punch he hit the guy with the guy fell and hit his head on the ground. Killed him. He is now not at my work and is serving 10 years in prison. I feel for the guy.

Edited by NinjaNick

i would never waste my life to shoot someone over hiting me or kicking me my life is not worth goin to prison over an ass kickin i worked as a bouncer in a bar in downtown fort lauderdale for 2 years and walked to my truck everynight alone and only once had a problem and it was takin care of with no shots being fired except for a good slap with an asp and a call to the cops to come pick him up