Carry ideas

Reaper

i love it here it reminds me of being back in tn where i grew up till i was 15 i hate florida with a passion if it weren't for the fact that my family is still there i would never again in my life cross the florida state line

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I carry is one, I'm paranoid as fuck since I got home from Iraq and two, the mere presence of a firearm is enough to stop 99% of all confrontation. I have been in SEVERAL situations where myself or my friends were about to get into a fight and by simply uncovering my Glock and making it known that things "could" get very bad, things disperse quickly.

It's not that I would use it, it's the fact that if things come down to it I can...

yea mine was used alot to get peoples attention when they didn't want to leave the bar nicely i would make sure they knew what would happen next it works well with arm locks and stoping people from using beer bottles to settle things i hate draggin people out all bloody from a bottle fight that means i have to go shower and change cloths so take te bottles away and the fight stops atlot faster

i'm still tryin to figure out what kind of bike i wanna get yamaha,suzuki,kawi,honda,or buell can't make up my mind i have ridden cbr1000rr,600rr,kawi zx-10,zx6r,suzuki gsxr 600,never gotten to ride a yamaha,or buell

The reason I carry is one, I'm paranoid as fuck since I got home from Iraq and two, the mere presence of a firearm is enough to stop 99% of all confrontation. I have been in SEVERAL situations where myself or my friends were about to get into a fight and by simply uncovering my Glock and making it known that things "could" get very bad, things disperse quickly.

It's not that I would use it, it's the fact that if things come down to it I can...

Nice. I didn't think of that.

the mere presence of a firearm is enough to stop 99% of all confrontation.

nick you know me, and im pretty sure you undestand im a total badass. but even me and my uber badassness someone is gonna fuck with me. ;) like he said the mere presence will dissolve a situation before it leads to someone trying to kick my ass.

now dont get me wrong, im not going out and waving it in the air so everyone knows not to mess with me (i roll up my sleves for that :lol:) its just there for the simple insurace policy that if there is a threat to me, my gf, my family, or friends we are safe. i dont ever wanna have to use it of be in a situation where i even have to even announce i have it on me, but i know its there and its my right to have it.

No offense but for fucks sake Reaper, USE SOME GOD DAMN PUNCTUATION. I damn near pass out from lack of breath since you cant seem to figure out how to use punctuation. Just because your not being graded, doesnt mean you should write like an idiot.

No offense but for fucks sake Reaper, USE SOME GOD DAMN PUNCTUATION. I damn near pass out from lack of breath since you cant seem to figure out how to use punctuation. Just because your not being graded, doesnt mean you should write like an idiot.

:lol::rulez:

As a fellow grammar nazi I have to agree. Good looking out tho, I'll see you when you start your "Which bike should I get?" thread.

thank you grammer nazi's but if you have a problem with me not using correct punctuation i'll never use it so save your self the time about bitching and moaning and check your tampon before replying I THINK IT'S FULL

Nick - I don't usually get into the political or gun discussions because people are very passionate about them. But I would like to respectfully answer your "why carry" question.

Having been on the victim side on several occasion, I told myself I would not be in those positions again. When I lived in C-Bus, I was assaulted on campus and went through a home invasion scenario with my family on the north side of town. Now I live in Pataskala, but it doesn't matter where you are anymore. People in the sticks go through home invasions nightly on the 6PM news.

Now I would never think of pulling it for a stupid reason and I would never take another's life without cause. But I would also never let my family be in the position we have been in in the past. If my family is in harms way, and it is us or some asshole, I assure you it won't be me. I have a daughter to protect and I would willingly do that with my life. Family comes first.

You also hear of carjackings, bike jackings, and I don't mean in the bad areas. People need to realize that it doesn't matter where you are. Criminals realize that you can only rob poor people so much. Then they start going into the burbs and the nicer areas so they get more loot. It is criminal supply and demand. Anyone in business can understand that. Well because of that principal, no one is safe. And with all the budget cuts of damn near every police force in every city, I may not have time to wait 15 minutes for the cops to arrive. My life, my daughters life, my extended family...do what I have to do to protect them. I would do it within the laws, as any responsible gun owner would. It isn't about being Rambo, because I am a level headed guy. It isn't about living in fear, because I truely don't. I avoid the bar scenes where there is likely to be trouble. I stay away from shady areas and situations. But there may be a time that it doesn't stay away from me. If, God forbid that day comes, I will do what I have to do.

I carry when I ride, especially when I ride alone, because I am much more vulnerable then compared to the security of my vehicle. If I am out at night, even to go to the store, expect that I have it. How many people get robbed and beaten or worse in parking lots during the holidays? Mall security with a radio and a Segway won't protect me during those 15 seconds. And when I take my daughter to a movie that lets out after dark, better belive its near. A single guy walking with a small child across a dark parking lot. Even I can figure out that spells opportunity for some thug.

My goal is for her to grow up healthy. My goal is not to do something that puts me in harms way or gets me locked up, as I want to be there to see her grow along the way. And any gun owner/CHL holder worth a shit knows that it only comes out if there is no other answer, and lives are at risk.

Again, I respect your question and hope you respect my answer as being my part of my beliefs, not as a political answer for a pro/con debate. I respect the right to not carry as much as the right to carry. For me, however, I like the option. And it is definately a last resort.

thank you grammer nazi's but if you have a problem with me not using correct punctuation i'll never use it so save your self the time about bitching and moaning and check your tampon before replying I THINK IT'S FULL

Cute attitude.. You must feel special about yourself. Punctuation is your friend. You cant even learn to use a period which is just plain sad.

:beathorse:<---You

^The english language