RIP Kenny...

CbrGirl

attachment.php?attachmentid=1314&stc=1&d=1251838149

The fallen rider is a friend of ours. He was at our Halloween party and Christmas party. Name will be released soon, but for now Rest in Peace Fallen Rider!!

He was a good friend of many on here and on Columbus Racing, Kenny. His screen name on both sites is "Kenny". For those who never met him, he was always the first to preach gear, and ride like you're invisible. He's been a really good friend to a lot of people. Today is a very sad day.

http://wbns.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/03/18/motorcycle.html?sid=102

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/deadly_motorcycle_accident_on_henderson_road/13943/

Edited by CbrGirl

I hate how they just had to mention in the article that the 2 bikes HAD to be street racing and the woman they hit....they just had to say this --

The female in the car was returning home from a Bible study.

Said the bikes came out of nowhere. Ever think that the woman took a left and pulled out in front of them because she wasn't looking for bikes or paying attention enough. I've had MANY people pull out in front of me before and it was they're fault because they didn't see me. But they instantly blame the bikers and not the car.:nono:

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/deadly_motorcycle_accident_on_henderson_road/13943/

I can't STAND the media!

Edited by NinjaNick

If this occurred about 11 P.M how could the driver not see headlights coming at her??

They always blame the motorcyclist first. Idiot drivers turn left in front of me on a regular basis around here whther I'm in my car or on my bike. I always ride with my eyes scanning everyone at intersections.

• Upvote 1

This is terrible. What the hell is wrong with people riding 100+ mph at night down at street with a 35 mph speed limit? I don't like riding at night let alone going 100+ mph.

My prayers to the family and friends of the rider and that poor woman in the car. The rider - well he was doing something completely stupid and paid the price. R.I.P.

i have read the reason many bikes are going to the one side cyclops look light for lo beam is because if both sides have hi/lo function it just looks like a car far in the distance.

maybe his bike had both beams on, or maybe it was an older bike with hi/lo in both sides.

to the elderly lady, this could be the case.

however don't get me wrong, it could go either way as said earlier and she just plain wasn't looking.

This is terrible. What the hell is wrong with people riding 100+ mph at night down at street with a 35 mph speed limit? I don't like riding at night let alone going 100+ mph.

My prayers to the family and friends of the rider and that poor woman in the car. The rider - well he was doing something completely stupid and paid the price. R.I.P.

I didn't see where it said he was going 100+ mph. Before the thread was edited, we established the speed limit there was 50 mph, not 35. According to the article, the cager was turning left in front of the biker. Yes, he shouldn't have been speeding but that doesn't excuse her.

Here is a map of the intersection it is nice and straight and there is a light, so someone ran a red light

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.053244,-83.058166&spn=0,359.999316&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=40.053244,-83.058166&panoid=yc1JhbNYOcIePMOTp4hLYg&cbp=12,60.27879730651931,,0,-4.767647058823535

Edited by shittygsxr

Nobody knows for sure how fast or slow he was going. Why the hell would you just immediately jump to conclusions??? And the speed limit on that stretch of Henderson is 50mph, and traffic regularly goes 65+. Have some respect man... :nono:

I thought there was a guy on these boards that was there at the accident - he said they were going over 100 mph. I was going on that.

If he wasn't speeding - well that does change things pretty significantly.

I posted an article in the original thread where a witness said, he has been riding for 25 years and knows they were doing over 100.

RIP Rider.