RIP Kenny...

CbrGirl

Nobody knows for sure how fast or slow he was going. Why the hellk would you just immediately jump to conclusions??? And the speed limit on that stretch of Henderson is 50mph, and traffic regularly goes 65+. Have some respect man... :nono:

I understand this is a big deal - I didn't jump to conclusions and I wasn't disrespecting the fallen rider, just going on what was posted here. Read Jagr's post above.

I hope he wasn't speeding - I would feel better knowing that one of our own was doing the right thing when he went down.

It seems to me from the media that the woman may have been in the wrong by pulling out in front of them. They said there were no skid marks, which means one of two things (to me) 1) he didn't have time to react because they were too close to the intersection or 2) they were trying to go around the car.

I did some calculations for reaction time. Avg reaction time is 2.5 seconds. So if he was traveling at 100mph (supposedly) he would have traveled around 366 ft in those 2.5 seconds. For a person going 65 mph (which is the norm on henderson) the reaction time is 238 ft, only a 126 ft difference and time wise a one second difference.

Looking at this, it means that the 70 year old lady would have pulled out in front of them when they were a maximum of 370 ft away, and with a normal speed on that road she would have only had 3.5 seconds to clear the intersection. Unless this is lead foot granny, she pulled into the intersection causing the crash...

My friend got broadsided (in a car) pulling out in front of someone speeding horrendously (in a car) on a two lane road with a crest that limits view and the other driver actually drove off after hitting him, my friend still got a citation for failing to yield

This was just written on the nbc4 comments area

I know a young woman who heard two downshifts of a motorcycle and then the crash. She didn’t see the crash, she heard it from her open apartment window. Interestingly enough, she didn’t hear roaring crotch rockets, she heard downshifting.

I firmly believe you can’t come from “NOWHERE” at this intersection. Even if they were going a 100 miles an hour, the driver would have seen them if she were looking. Perhaps they blended in to lights farther down the road, they aren’t as easy to see as a car. I don’t believe they were racing.

is the time for sure 11 because i was coming home at 10 and they had henderson shut down at kenny going west. and the police were just staging their cars to shut the road down

rip

I don't know where 11p came from. It was around 9:30p.