Paypal account hacked

BrianZ06

I had mine done the day after Christmas I believe. Got into my account, bought a $500 TV from Ebay. Luckily paypal ACTUALLY CALLED ME Sunday morning at noon to ask if I purchased it since I haven't used my paypal account in over a year. It stopped at Paypal even though I have direct transfer from my checking. They refunded the $500 to me a few days later.

If you do a search for Paypal hacked or something along those lines by me you'll find it in December '10 or so. Maybe January 2nd.. I can't remember.

Setup your PayPal accouint to require the SMS code as well. You login to PayPal and it takes you to the screen to request SMS code. You push the button and you get the text message with the code. Enter that code and access your account. If they don't have your phone, they can't get into your account.

Also - Setup another Checking account tied to PayPal only. You can have multiple checking accounts at the same bank. I've got several checking accounts at my bank and can transfer money real time between accounts. The PayPal account only can pull from that single account. No overdraft for that account and not tied to a CC. Keep a balance at $0 and you can't get taken.

good luck. :)

Hahaha I wonder why paypal didnt say anything or call me when i sent $1600.00 to a guy in florida for my prelude shell. Now that I think about it I cant believe we trusted him that much. Luckily he was a great guy lol.

I will for sure use this sms feature tho, great idea on paypals part

Hahaha I wonder why paypal didnt say anything or call me when i sent $1600.00 to a guy in florida for my prelude shell. Now that I think about it I cant believe we trusted him that much. Luckily he was a great guy lol.

I will for sure use this sms feature tho, great idea on paypals part

I think they called me because they saw that my account was logged into in Colorado..... and the ship to address was somewhere in NE Ohio.

I will say one thing about paypal is that they are pretty good at responding to this type of fraud. The lady on the phone sent my money back and sent me one of those security key cards at no charge with no questions asked.