Windshield scratches?

zeitgeist57

Over the winter I drove my Passat a lot on the highways. During a few snowstorms to Cincy, Cleveland and back I had the wipers ice over, and I've come to find that the older wiper blades with ice on them have scratched the windshield so that there is a very, VERY fine haze. However, the arcing scratches serve as little channels for the rain and it's really annoying when I'm driving long distances in tough weather.

Is there any consumer-based product that allows me to buff out scratches on the windshield? Any companies that do this as well? The Passat's got 112k miles on it already, so anything to polish the glass will be an improvement anyway.

I've had a decent amount of luck with the zaino if the scratching is light, however it's pretty limited.

There was an OUTSTANDING glass polishing kit on the market, came with specific pads and a really agressive glass polish. Took me about 45 min to an hour even with a machine to property polish out a windsheild but the results were amazing, however they recently quit making the kit so now I'm stumped on what to get as I've never seen anything work that good and my supply is all dried up.

Use the fine steel wool with a glass cleaner. Rinse the glass off. Then use whatever polish you can find/ best like andy said the best one that was out can not be found anymore. I use 3m fine polish and it does a good job but remeber it def is not going to be perfect anymore just better