Lindsay Acura questions....Think i found my next car.

Diamonds

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was shopping for a Tahoe / Yukon / suv, Lindsay had some great prices on some very clean units. I was pretty impressed.

I have found myself shaking my head and laughing to myself at many Carmax prices. Especially when one of their "features" is no haggling.

Back on topic

Acura is cool. I have been there a few times in my persuit to find a car for my wife... aka the never ending story :rolleyes:

Lindsay Acura? and you didn't come say Hi? you bastard!

When I was cross shopping vehicles last year I stopped by both Lindsay & Acura of columbus to drive RDX's.

I found AOC a much more welcoming place. Also, their CPO car didn't have suspension clunks...

the Acura rep ripped the owner(not the old man but his son) for his so called CPO cars, since then all cars had to be re-inspected and fixed or he was gonna pull the CPO program from the dealership. long story short: he was buying his used cars from New York, New Jersey auctions(cars are beat to hell) and only doing the bare minimum to put it on the lot as certified if the cars got inspected at all, then someone would come in and buy said certified car take it home call back complaining about all the issues, customer would bring the car back to be serviced and all issues were covered by Acura's certified program and not the dealership so he could save money, Acura caught on to this quick stepped in and said no more or your done, so now the program has changed. any issues found by customers on test drives or after purchase are handled

Lindsay Acura? and you didn't come say Hi? you bastard!

the Acura rep ripped the owner(not the old man but his son) for his so called CPO cars, since then all cars had to be re-inspected and fixed or he was gonna pull the CPO program from the dealership. long story short: he was buying his used cars from New York, New Jersey auctions(cars are beat to hell) and only doing the bare minimum to put it on the lot as certified if the cars got inspected at all, then someone would come in and buy said certified car take it home call back complaining about all the issues, customer would bring the car back to be serviced and all issues were covered by Acura's certified program and not the dealership so he could save money, Acura caught on to this quick stepped in and said no more or your done, so now the program has changed. any issues found by customers on test drives or after purchase are handled

makes sense. Back in 03-04 or so when I detailed cars there (straight from auction) Steven seemed pretty shady... Dusty on the other hand was pretty cool. Is he still around?

makes sense. Back in 03-04 or so when I detailed cars there (straight from auction) Steven seemed pretty shady... Dusty on the other hand was pretty cool. Is he still around?

Dusty sounds like someone who works at roush.... hmmm idk tho...

Would you rather spend 15000 on a car from CarMax or 13000 on the same car from Ricart?

Meaning I'd probably spend $11,000 somewhere else. But I'd pay 13k over 15k regardless, as long as it is the SAME PRODUCT (equal vehicles, mileage, and condition). Why would I spend more at Carmax?

a fellow of mine checked the car out.... looks too have had some paintwork done... although the salesman ASSURED me it had not...

What vehicle are we talking about? I read the whole thread and no mention of which car your thinking about.

ON TOPIC - My buddy Travis worked at Lindsay Acura recently. He was used car manager or online sales manager. Said most of their cars are in really good shape, they auction off a lot cars that don't pass their inspection to be sold, dunno if its true or not.

What vehicle are we talking about? I read the whole thread and no mention of which car your thinking about.

ON TOPIC - My buddy Travis worked at Lindsay Acura recently. He was used car manager or online sales manager. Said most of their cars are in really good shape, they auction off a lot cars that don't pass their inspection to be sold, dunno if its true or not.

travis? is he guy from texas? and he wasn't a manager, his job was to take photo's of all the lot cars and post them on the website

No your buddy andrew baker is from texas. I think travis was from new york. But the rest of your statement is correct.

no I think travis was/is from texas since he's always talking shit about how the Longhorns are so much better than the Buckeyes, Andrew is/has always been from Logan county I thought

no I think travis was/is from texas since he's always talking shit about how the Longhorns are so much better than the Buckeyes, Andrew is/has always been from Logan county I thought

This Travis guy must not know what he's talking about because everybody knows the Aggies are better than both the Longhorns and Buckeyes.

Lexus LS460

No your buddy andrew baker is from texas. I think travis was from new york. But the rest of your statement is correct.

yes your right, I always got the 2 andrew's mixed up, and Travis was fired from Lindsay for stealing cars and using said stolen cars to deal drugs

• 2 weeks later...

i did buy a car at auction in NJ sight unseen. I did opt for the inspection because that allows me to walk away i nthe event that the inspection comes back bad.

can someone run the vin? autocheck? etc?

VIN: JTHBL46F275035847

i did buy a car at auction in NJ sight unseen. I did opt for the inspection because that allows me to walk away i nthe event that the inspection comes back bad.

can someone run the vin? autocheck? etc?

VIN: JTHBL46F275035847

you better be careful when buying auction cars from the east coast(NY, NJ, Boston) cars are usually beat to hell, wrecked, and rusted underneath.