Car transporting companies. (trucks,trains,etc)

kyc12340

Anyone know/ have experience with car shipping companies?

My last exprience in Canada was horrible which they broke front splitter on my old GTR even with insurance w/e.

I did some automated whatever instant quotes online, but I just can't trust them, and their prices are all over the place. + getting tired of their phone calls.

Thanks in advance.

How did you register and insure a GTR?

skyline gtr? the r33 is legal. as far as the other body types, theres a loophole about cutting them up, shipping them, then welding them back together to be considered a "kit car"

I always used the website "uship". Its like ebay, but reverse bidding. You list on there what you need transported and how much insurance you need on it, and shippers bid and keep undercutting each other until you are satisfied with a price. I was very impressed with this website.

How did you register and insure a GTR?

I had it in Toronto, and insurance was through Hagarty.

skyline gtr? the r33 is legal. as far as the other body types, theres a loophole about cutting them up, shipping them, then welding them back together to be considered a "kit car"

Nothing is considered legal, There are only a few "federal legal" cars if lucky.

Kit car thing is a old story, Government started hunting those down since so many years ago.

You might get lucky if you can register it as "State legal" , or whatever method( Vin switching, under the table, whatever), but it's always risky even after you register it. My old GTR is in Newyork I believe. it was R32 GTR.

Federal agents can do investigation; they give you 60day notice to export out of continent (no Canada, no mexico, literally out-of continent), -> If you don't, they take your car, crash it.

I always used the website "uship". Its like ebay, but reverse bidding. You list on there what you need transported and how much insurance you need on it, and shippers bid and keep undercutting each other until you are satisfied with a price. I was very impressed with this website.

Are they reliable though with time management, and customer service?

Its terrible that we as a country waste time worrying about stupid shit like that. Ridiculous

True, I didn't want to take a risk, therefore, I sold it.

It was mint, original White paint, no rust, 55,000 original miles.

took me a year and a half, just to get the car registered legally in "Canada".

so much time on picking the right car, bull inspections, transporting, waiting time.

Are they reliable though with time management, and customer service?

The company that I accepted the bid from was very reliable and time consistent. Like I said though, this is almost like a reverse ebay auction, so the shippers who are bidding will all be different companies with different reliability and time managements. But thankfully, just like ebay, the shippers have feedback scores and almost all of them leave you with their phone number when you bid. I just check their feedback, call them and asked them if they will insure higher if needed, and they usually fit your needs with no problems. I have had nothing but good experiences, but do make sure you do your homework and check their ratings.

We used Intercity Lines when we purchased our Porsche, had it transported from Seattle here to Columbus, paid around $1700 for the service back in 2007. They were not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either and come highly recommended. Porsche uses intercity to transport all of their limited edition cars from port to dealership so I figured good enough for them, good enough for me.

The service took FOREVER, however the car was treated in a first class manor while it was in their hands, precautions for anything taken and the driver who delivered the car was a class act as well.

In their defense, alot of my scheduling issues were due to the fact that I purchased the car right around the time of the big Barret Jackson auction in AZ so most of their trucks were booked up, then because the car was in the far NW it took them awhile to get up there too. I think in total I waited like 7 weeks for the car which I still felt was too long, but the service was good in the end.

Andy

depends on just how much you want to spend. i've used horseless carriage for my GTO and cobra to go from florida to wisconsin---wasn't cheap, and i was slightly embarassed when the guy loaded up my cavalier (GTO) right behind a maserati, and a ferrari california.

i've also used agape auto service---its a brokerage service--much cheaper, full insurance, use an open carrier, etc, etc.