Need VW tech asap

Comebackkid

It's a 98 VW golf gl

Just had a axle brake and I think it bent the linkage and now I don't have reverse:mad::mad::mad:...So if there's anyone out there that could help me I can pay you cash,or beer and pizza whatever lmk. I have all the gears just not reverse.

When I put it in first it feels like 3rd and then when I put it in the reverse it feels like 1st. Ive been trying to look over all the linkage as it's going threw the gears but I'm stumped on what to try next..

Sounds like the linkage needs aligned.

There is a collar on the linkage that is held by a 13mm bolt. Loosen it up with the trans in neutral. Put the shifter in neutral. Take the arm loose from the linkage, there is a lip next to the shifter and a tab on the shifter itself. Put a 12mm socket between the two, and put the shift rod back into the linkage at the trans. Tighten the collar back up and you should be good to go. Don't forget that you need to push down left then forward for reverse. Let me know if that gets it. If it doesn't hit me up, and I'll come over and take a look at it.

The Patterson will set it right, provide him with 8 ounces of hummus, a fresh order of hand cut fries and the drink of his whim.

The Patterson abides, provides and other things which rhyme with "ides"

MMM hummus.

• Upvote 1