Audio System Upgrade Questions

ej20_ftw

Vehicle - 2009 Toyota Camry LE Non-JBL.

Current System - Stock, one rear speaker might be blown.

Music Style - I listen to pop, jazz, RnB, and country. Absolutely no hard rock, no hard core RnB. I want SQ, but at the same time I want the extra thump.

Budget - <$800 for everything (fronts, one sub, and one amp).

Additional Info - I'd like to keep the stock HU, and I already have a 12" enclosure for the sub (specs can be found: http://www.bassforms.com/ProductDeta...ode=BF110CAM06)

Installation - Any recommendations?

Things that I am considering:

Fronts - Polk Audio DB651S http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB65...1s.html?tp=105

Rears - I'm trying to find a used OEM speaker to replace the blown one.

Amp - 4 channel?

Sub - JL or Alpine Type R?

I am looking for your recommendations. This car is my DD, so I just want a basic upgrade.

Upper end pioneer HU. Put in Memphis Power Reference speakers all the way around, no amp needed to sound amazing but they can handle an amp. If your dead set on using an amp I'd go with a memphis PR 4 channel with Memphis M-Class speakers all the way around. As for the sub would go with an Fi Q and have a proper box built, prebuilt boxes are nothing but junk imo.

Upper end pioneer HU. Put in Memphis Power Reference speakers all the way around, no amp needed to sound amazing but they can handle an amp. If your dead set on using an amp I'd go with a memphis PR 4 channel with Memphis M-Class speakers all the way around. As for the sub would go with an Fi Q and have a proper box built, prebuilt boxes are nothing but junk imo.

I'd really like to keep the stock HU (less attention). Does aftermarket HU make a big difference? Also, I only have $800 to spend. I don't think I would be able to get an upper end Pioneer HU.

I'd really like to keep the stock HU (less attention). Does aftermarket HU make a big difference? Also, I only have $800 to spend. I don't think I would be able to get an upper end Pioneer HU.

They make an amazing difference.

headunit - $199

Memphis PR class speakers. 2 pair, plan around $250 for that.

Fi Q 12- $244.

Aftermarket headunits are going to make a pretty good improvement. Most factory units start cutting low freq at higher volume, and aftermarkets usually have a much higher power output making them somewhat louder and much clearer.