Scramble boost, anyone use it for drag racing?

ihateu3

I am running the AEM tru-boost which allows for a scramble boost button to be hooked up. Now I know scramble is good for road courses so you don't power out of a corner at insane boost amounts, but has anybody tried it for drag racing? Correct me if I am wrong, but here's my idea, I cannot launch well on street tires without spinning way to much. So if I set my regular boost levels to 7 PSI (factory), launch and then get her into 3rd gear and hit scramble boost at around 15 PSI. Anyone try this, do you think it will work?

As of right now, I am launching around 15 PSI.

Never used it and don't know much about it, but that's how the MS3 is set up from the factory and how my tune now works as well. Many after market tuners take that feature out of the MS3 and let it hit higher boost levels in the lower gears, but the car is stupid crazy down low as it is and I wouldn't want to do that.

Makes sense that it will help. Mine goes from like 9lbs-12lbs-18lbs (now 20lbs) of boost in the first three gears. Third isn't too bad now but I do have to make sure T/C is as if I jump on it in 3rd, the nanny systems kick in and make it feel swirly as it modulates the brakes then cuts power. Honestly, first gear still sucks. They should have just put the 5spd in the MS3. Would be faster down low.

To me it's about drivability not just all out power. The fun part is when people drive it or ride with me the added boost really comes on and the car continues to pull stronger as you make your way through the gears. 3-4-5 is a blast :)

Moved to tech.

Pro Tips:

1. Get appropriate Tires.

2. Learn to drive your car.

In my case FWD is the issue. Likely grip too, but again, I'm street driving it on Pirelli's not anything with major grip.

I have a scramble and decel on my controler. I use them both when I am index racing.

I like the decel instead of peddling when I have someone covered. I call the scramble the OH SHIT i am not going to loose button