brake drums

AWW$HEEET

Why do you think they need replaced? They may just need cleaned and adjusted.

You tell the same way as disc brakes, how much of the shoe is left and if the drum is out of spec (too large).

Why do you think they need replaced? They may just need cleaned and adjusted.

You tell the same way as disc brakes, how much of the shoe is left and if the drum is out of spec (too large).

i feel like they stick sometimes initially when i just start driving the car for about the first 1/4 mile. after that they seem to function ok. I should probably just pull a wheel off, drum off, then look. i have also owned the vehicle for the last 30k miles, and have never done them.

i feel like they stick sometimes initially when i just start driving the car for about the first 1/4 mile. after that they seem to function ok. I should probably just pull a wheel off, drum off, then look. i have also owned the vehicle for the last 30k miles, and have never done them.

Definitely pull the drum off to see what's what. I'm guessing a clean and adjust will take care of things.

Best thing to do would be to have a buddy come over and show you. There are probably Youtube videos that show how to adjust them.

Basically there is a star adjuster (looks like a rod with a little adjusting wheel on it) between the two shoes. Turn the adjuster to move the shoes out a little bit. Slip the drum back on and see how it spins, there should be some friction. When you think you're close, put everything back together and spin the tire to make sure you got it right.

Pussy.

Pull the wheel off. That's the round shiny thing that the car rolls on. Pull off the drum, you may need a hammer to knock it loose, spray the springs and such off with brake cleaner, be like Jones lube up friction points, don't get it on the shoes!, get some hundred grit sand paper scuff the inside of the drums, reassemble, celebrate with drink of choice, be like Jones some more and celebrate in short pants, drive home. Profit.

Even Gabe deserves to be trolled occasionally.

Troll him all you want outside the tech section. This is one section that should be taken seriously so people can get the help they need. You know I'm fine trollin' everywhere else.

If they stick for abit when its been siting, cylinders are probably poped

It's possible, I've seen it a lot. I've also seen a lot of issues stemming from years of neglect combined with moist weather.