Mazdaspeed3 Mods

Flyin Miata

Were you on campus last night around 8:30 or so? I saw a black 'Speed just like yours at the intersection of Kenny & Kinnear.

Wasn't me, I live in Mentor (northeast of Cleveland about 5 minutes from Lake Erie).

Make that happen. Your pics thus far make me feel like I have to blink after putting in eye drops. The thick viscous kind.

Haha I know, they were taken with a phone (if you couldn't tell) and the sun was not helping things. Waiting till I can detail it so we can get pics with my car and his new Speed Miata. He found a 2005 with only 22,000 miles on it so needless to say his paint is perfect and mine needs a little work.

So what do these cars typically run with BPU and how do they handle? What other vehicle auto-x times are they comparable with?

I'm still wondering this too actually. I just saw a dyno graph of 266 hp and 306 tq on a dynojet with the only mods being a testpipe and a CAI. I'm itching to get this one out to an autocross up here and see how it does. The group up here uses the old Geauga Lake parking lot so they have a decent lot to open it up on.

So what do these cars typically run with BPU and how do they handle? What other vehicle auto-x times are they comparable with?

The combinations of BPU are endless. I can say that with just an intake I laid down 247hp. Can't remember the torque.

1/4 mile wise, I've seen cars with nothing more than an intake run 13.8 to 14.1. Add in a few very basic upgrades and you'll find a lot running 13.4-13.6 range.

Again, the key with the MS3/6's is to not lug it down low in the rpm range (shift for power) and that the rods need will be the weak point. I also consider the KO4 the weak point to as it turns into a heat gun above 5,800rpm on these cars.