more laptop battery issues - "plugged in, not charging"

evan9381

so after the last battery thread, i finally picked up a new battery from amazon

first few weeks, it was fine. great life, etc. after that, for a few weeks, it would get up to 94%, then say "plugged in, not charging"...now, its sitting at 82%, "plugged in, not charging"

did some googling, and i keep seeing something about this "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery", with these instructions

-Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .

Expand the Batteries category.

-Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .

-WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.

-On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .

Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .

ive also seen instructions to remove power cord, shut down, remove battery, plug in, start up, uninstall the "ACPI compliant control method battery", shut down, remove cord, replace battery, plug in, restart, and yet the ACPI thing is still there, and im still stuck at 82% and it wont go above that

any ideas? this is getting annoying...cant believe this computer has an issue like this at 18 months old

Thought this would be something else. When I had the problem of pluggin in and no charging, I realized the problem was the port the power plug went into. It had a small crack where it attached to the motherboard. A little solder and it was good for quite awhile. However, this doesn't sound liek your problem.