Trampolines...Couple questions...

Bam

So your little one is turning 6 and you want to get him/her a trampoline? How about a new bike to take on trails with the family?

Or how about gymnastic lessons?

Swing set / play area?

Yep, she is.

Got a new bike last summer, and still plenty of growing room for her. We do family rides quite often and on longer ones she has a tag-a-long that attaches to mine.

She already does gymnastic, ballet/tap, soccer, basketball, t-ball, and just about whatever she wants, all at differing times of the year of course.

Got a swing set a few years back, has a climbing wall, slide, 2 swings, a gymnast bar, and a 2 person glider.

So yeah, she's pretty set on all those fronts, like I said I'm just expanding on ideas and trying to think of something new/fun/cool. A trampoline always sounds exciting to me, even being an adult, and we go to some indoor trampoline parks occasionally, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to have in the back yard when its nice out, plus its easily shared.

She may end up getting a power wheels w/ the 24v mod instead. She found a blue MINI she likes..or both since i did find a couple trampolines for $50 on craigslist. I figure at that price its a throwaway. I'll test it out before buying, and if it lasts a month or two great, at least i'll see how interested in it she is, and then decide if she needs a real nice one.

powerwheels gets my vote. check out http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com and let the modding begin. i started with the little 6 volt ones when my girls were 18months old. i modded one of the two to 12 volts and the girls fought over the modded one, so i ended up modding both. i'm waiting until the winter to mod their current 12 volt power wheels to 24 volts

seriously you people need to stop being pussies... we own 2, 15 footers.... both used... just make sure to inspect it for tears, rust, etc... We use ours all the time... hell, I have pictures of my daughter and like 10 friends on it.... just don't be stupid and you'll be fine... hell, my daughter fell off one time by accident, she was fine... kids break bones, they will cry, they will scrape their knees... it's not the dangerous blood bath people seem to think it is anymore... Let kids be kids.. if they want to do something outside that causes them to move around, let them... it's a hell of a lot better than sitting in front of a TV playing video games.

seriously you people need to stop being pussies... we own 2, 15 footers.... both used... just make sure to inspect it for tears, rust, etc... We use ours all the time... hell, I have pictures of my daughter and like 10 friends on it.... just don't be stupid and you'll be fine... hell, my daughter fell off one time by accident, she was fine... kids break bones, they will cry, they will scrape their knees... it's not the dangerous blood bath people seem to think it is anymore... Let kids be kids.. if they want to do something outside that causes them to move around, let them... it's a hell of a lot better than sitting in front of a TV playing video games.

its hard not to agree with you---i'd rather have my kids outside playing than inside watching dvd's/playing video games. at the same time, trampolines are 'broken bone machines'. i still have flashbacks of working at children's hospital in the heat of july---we'd see 12-15 forearm fractures that needed to be 'set', and another 12-15 that required only casting. this was every single night. that being said, i don't shelter my kids.

its hard not to agree with you---i'd rather have my kids outside playing than inside watching dvd's/playing video games. at the same time, trampolines are 'broken bone machines'. i still have flashbacks of working at children's hospital in the heat of july---we'd see 12-15 forearm fractures that needed to be 'set', and another 12-15 that required only casting. this was every single night. that being said, i don't shelter my kids.

I remember breaking my arm from flying over my bike handles... I lived through it and moved on... I also broke my arm one time from jumping off the swing when swinging too high and trying to get as much "air time" as possible....