IPhone vs. Storm....advice please!!!

PrincessPratt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

storm: corporate server structure friendly that also happens to be media friendly

iphone: media friendly and graphics intensive that also happens to have decent email

if you're not a corporate/business user and need a touch screen and the apps you need are available, go with the iphone. it's fancier, and you can watch some top quality streaming pr0n. this by itself almost made me buckle and get the iphone, but oh wells.

Get the iPhone, I've got it, and so do 2 of my coworkers, 2 other guys have storms, and they keep bitching about how they should have gotten the iPhone. The 3.0 firmware is coming out this summer (along with a new iPhone) and it will have MMS, video recording (which you can have now if your able to download a simple program and press a 'Jailbreak' button) the ability to forward texts, tethering, a full bluetooth stack including stereo wireless headphone support, they also oppened up the GPS core location feature to developers which means you'll be seeing turn by turn Garmin style GPS apps coming, and along with a total of approx 100 new features. Not to mention, the 80,000 apps. and to top it all off, the iPhone has a wireless card built in, the Storm does not. 3G is kinda quick, but it's not shit when your on a wireless network.

the iPhone also supports business apps very well, do some research the 2.x firmware is very business orientated, including VPN, PDF viewers, allong with a host of other things you'll probably like.

if you can wait till summer, the new iPhone is rumored to have a quad-core processor :cool: to qoute a OR member, thats gonna be 'the bees knees' :D

not to mention the 'Airshare' app, I use this constantly, it allows you to use your iPhone as a portable network drive, Get the 16 gig phone, and you've also got a 16 gig network drive with you at all times that you can keep all your stuff on and have at your finger tips 24/7, if you've got your phone, you've got all your info, no forgetting a seperate thumb drive.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/

Edited by Dweezel

i really don't see pratt going for that kinda thing, but from what i've seen i think you'd get the best results outta the iphone...

thank you chris. And by the way i need a fax number to send u all the quotes i've gotten. Thus far home depot comes in with the best quote for all the wood!!!!

Get the iPhone, I've got it, and so do 2 of my coworkers, 2 other guys have storms, and they keep bitching about how they should have gotten the iPhone. The 3.0 firmware is coming out this summer (along with a new iPhone) and it will have MMS, video recording (which you can have now if your able to download a simple program and press a 'Jailbreak' button) the ability to forward texts, tethering, a full bluetooth stack including stereo wireless headphone support, they also oppened up the GPS core location feature to developers which means you'll be seeing turn by turn Garmin style GPS apps coming, and along with a total of approx 100 new features. Not to mention, the 80,000 apps. and to top it all off, the iPhone has a wireless card built in, the Storm does not. 3G is kinda quick, but it's not shit when your on a wireless network.

the iPhone also supports business apps very well, do some research the 2.x firmware is very business orientated, including VPN, PDF viewers, allong with a host of other things you'll probably like.

if you can wait till summer, the new iPhone is rumored to have a quad-core processor :cool: to qoute a OR member, thats gonna be 'the bees knees' :D

not to mention the 'Airshare' app, I use this constantly, it allows you to use your iPhone as a portable network drive, Get the 16 gig phone, and you've also got a 16 gig network drive with you at all times that you can keep all your stuff on and have at your finger tips 24/7, if you've got your phone, you've got all your info, no forgetting a seperate thumb drive.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/

Man still got to wonder why the iPhone just doesn't already do most of that stuff out of the box.

Ok i know the iphone kicks ass because I have played with the ipod touch and its almost the same thing---its amazing......BUT what about AT&T??? do they have good coverage and good customer support?

right now im leaning towards verizon but having the iphone kinda makes me want at&T

I bought the 16g IPhone today. I'd have to admit that I am quite overwhelmed at this point. The one thing that rEALLY bothers me is my Ipod attachement which is aftermarket put in by cols car audio is stating that its not compatible with my iphone. It works fine with my nano. It was close to 300 just to get it put in now I can't use it with my new phone!

There's plenty of solutions for those in Cydia....

tru dat. but IMO the most baller phone out there should be able to do MMS and video right out of the box with no "hacks" or workarounds.

well...my 2 cents..

1. i had the iphone and it just pissed me off, SOLD(apple sucks!!!)

2. i didnt like the way the storms screen clicks (whats the point then) never bought it

3. i bought a BB Bold and I LOVE IT!!! best smartphone i have owned. But i also HATE "winmo" phones so.....

check out the Omnia by Samsung. I like it a lot better than the storm.. never played with an Iphone but the omnia does most everything and is fairly user friendly

leaning towards that one when my 2 years are up in Aug.. Love the 5mp camera also...

Sooooo does any of you techy people know why in the world itunes would make you pay for a ringtone AFTER you spent $10 on a cd download??? I have TONS of music I've downloaded from itunes. Once again I am clueless...lol. Are there any websites out there that will let you get free ringtones without signing up for one of those month trial things???

send it via bluetooth? thats what i do on my phone.

download MP3 from bittorr... er... "i tunes"

chop it up to get the 20 seconds i want for the ringtone

send that 20 seconds or whatever from my computer to my phone via bluetooth.

Sooooo does any of you techy people know why in the world itunes would make you pay for a ringtone AFTER you spent $10 on a cd download??? I have TONS of music I've downloaded from itunes. Once again I am clueless...lol. Are there any websites out there that will let you get free ringtones without signing up for one of those month trial things???

Search www.iPhonehacks.com or google, it's really simple, can all be done in iTunes. Cut down the song, convert to AAC then simply rename the extension to .m4r I believe it is. Google 'creating iPhone ringtones' and you'll find it.

Question for anyone out there that has had a blackberry, palm, windows OS.....did it bother you not having the cut/paste options and not having the capacity to forward text messages from collegues to others once you got the IPhone. I'm finding this is my one big things that has really left me speachless/irritated. I know as the next few weeks progress I willl get used to it. Any thoughts?

No, you won't be able to just upgrade software, you have to get a new phone. BUT you can exchange the one you just bought for a new one free of charge it seems. It comes out July 11. Don't forget to erase all those inappropriate pics before you turn it in!

http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/iphoneblog/2008/06/att-clarifies-n.html