Vent server?

ihateu3

I am starting this thread to gauge interest in having a ventrillo server for CR. This server will be for us to easily set up meets through verbal communication, shoot the shit, talk shit to each other, and pass the time after hours.

If I fully fund this vent server would you use it? Donations would be welcome, but are not required. Let me know....

I am starting this thread to gauge interest in having a ventrillo server for CR. This server will be for us to easily set up meets through verbal communication, shoot the shit, talk shit to each other, and pass the time after hours.

If I fully fund this vent server would you use it? Donations would be welcome, but are not required. Let me know....

I would be interested. I have a spare PC here thats not in use, i can use as a vent server. or i could host one at work. Wouldnt cost anyone anything.

I would be interested. I have a spare PC here thats not in use, i can use as a vent server. or i could host one at work. Wouldnt cost anyone anything.

If you can do it for free, then theres no need for a poll!! I have servers here but cannot spare the bandwidth, can you supply bandwidth for... maybe 50 users max at one time? If so than set it up asap!

Yes. Having an all access Vent Server will accomplish this.

:dumb:

KillJoy

Vent can be setup with a different password for each user, also each user can be limited on what channels they have access to, or can see.

Vent can be setup with a different password for each user, also each user can be limited on what channels they have access to, or can see.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the OP?

:lolguy:

KillJoy

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the OP?

:lolguy:

KillJoy

You set up only CR members with their own password, you can even add a guest area if wanted, but guests would only be limited to a certain room. As far as CR members go, their access to certain rooms would be based on the admins decision. Regardless of rank in vent, there will be public areas that anyone in CR can convene at.

fixed issue where it wasnt displaying admins in the server so it looked empty. ive seen a few peeps come and go and wondered why they just left.

I noticed under my settings (can't change them myself) that "see guest accounts" and "see non-guest account" is unchecked. So I will not be able to see anyone in the server. Maybe everyone's account is like that?