FT: 1997 Saturn SC2

verse

I'm looking to trade my SC2 for something a little larger and capable to make out of some hiking trails. Looking for a 4x4 or AWD SUV/wagon with room for my 4 year old and our camping/fishing gear.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/irockacorolla/1-1.jpg

It's an automatic with 160K on the odometer. It has power windows and power mirrors. I just charged A/C and replaced schrader valve that was leaking. I get around 30-31 MPG with the A/C on now and about 33-34 MPG normally.

The engine was rebuilt with OEM Saturn parts 2 years/20K ago (OEM main/rod bearings, OEM piston rings, OEM stem seals, OEM chain kit). Recently replaced; alternator, water pump, radiator, trans lines, front pads/rotors, RF wheel bearing, both front tie rods, muffler, front downpipe, plugs, wires. All maintainence has been done by me.

I'm thinking $2g's trade value.

Examples of what I'm looking for; Jeep Cherokee XJ, Toyota Pickup 4x4, Nissan Pickup 4x4, Subaru Forester, Toyota Rav4, Toyota 4runner, Honda CRV, . It doesn't have to be perfect, just has to run and drive.

Edited by verse

No interest? Great 1st car or commuter car.

I had an older SL2 through most of college. Loved that car for what it was and it was (mostly) dead reliable enough though I beat the piss out of it.

You can also run into things without much damaged to the car due to the plastic body panels, another reason they are great for a young driver. :gabe:

I need something with a backseat.

willing to sell or trade only?

This is currently my only vehicle. I was just putting it out there to see if I can get any trades done. I haven't seen anything I've wanted online that actually looked decent.

if you end up selling this, there's a bunch of Jeep's and other SUV's over at a hole in the wall car place by where I live... it's called Bob's Automotive I think... they are all around the 2k price range... it's in Marengo on the corner of 61 and 229