If this doesn't say police state, I don't know what does.

unfunnyryan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point isn't whether or not they needed a permit to do this legally. They probably knew that, but what kind of attention would they get if they did it with a permit? Would anyone care about a few people dancing in their designated corner of the memorial? They did it this way to draw attention to the issues at hand.

The better argument is why we have strayed so far from the framer's intent.

The point isn't whether or not they needed a permit to do this legally. They probably knew that, but what kind of attention would they get if they did it with a permit? Would anyone care about a few people dancing in their designated corner of the memorial? They did it this way to draw attention to the issues at hand.

The better argument is why we have strayed so far from the framer's intent.

I knew you could do it. This might be the first post on CR where you in a round about way admit that someone else is right. To answer your quetion of the how we strayed. It's simple really, we are human.

I knew you could do it. This might be the first post on CR where you in a round about way admit that someone else is right. To answer your quetion of the how we strayed. It's simple really' date=' we are human.[/quote']

I've said a lot of people were right. You need to research my posts.:gabe:

This Greg guy was right at the higher level but wrong at the contextual level. In that post I combined both, but I did lean toward a higher level analysis.

BTW, I just had an enthralling conversation about this topic with a constitutional law professor.

We should have just drug tested everyone leaving that place. Then we would have a reason to arrest them all.

Did they teach you about the fourth amendment yet?

Did they teach you about the fourth amendment yet?

No, but i plead da FIFFFF. :gabe:

http://dailybail.com/storage/chapelle.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285901948813

Well, I got as far as the corporal abuse/assault by one of the police officers. Throttling a person's throat is a illegal even for a police officer and even if the person is resisting and putting up a fight, which there wasn't.

Seriously, for dancing a bit? All this? I dont give a flying fuck if it was a legal gray area or they were doing becuase they knew they'd get attention. Are you fucking kidding me? How dare some of you defend these officer's actions over something so dismally unimportant. It disgusts me and it's ignorant on the part of the police officers. If anything else, you've only fed these protesters and offered them even more attention while making yourselves (the officers) pariahs. I can almost guarantee 'bottom of the totem pole' lowly bicycle cops will not be greeted with an award by their commanding officer.

Use your common sense, people. You have a brain and it's all yours.