LS1 is300??

Jizzle Juice

It's been done before.

That is has. If you are look at this swap you may also want to consider picking up a Catera.

It's the motor they should have put in the US cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-CATERA-CLEAN-NO-RUST-PERFECT-CARFAX-GAS-SAVER-/180681356195?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a1172b3a3

Im sure ill get jumped on for this but those IS'S have always really reminded me of Corollas from that time. That swap was absolutely gorgeous though. That guy has some serious skills. I love how clean the wiring was.

they are out there. a guy on my.is was one of the first guys to do it and it was a clean swap. didnt seem like he had to do TOO much to make it work besides the brackets. he tracked it and got great numbers with a stock LS3 6.2 motor. The car pulled out 440whp. He eventually built it and made some real good power for a car like that. the car is now for sale.

"IS300 curb weight is listed as 3255 lbs (MT) / 3285 lbs (AT)

Corvette curb weights are listed as 3300 (GS), 3175 (Z06), 3350 (ZR1)"

swapping a motor of that magnitude with that weight is a serious gain all around.

http://my.is/forums/f219/building-ls3-6-2l-440rwhp-n-powered-is300-update-drag-vid-last-page-420425/index4.html

I would personally go with the 2jzgte if I was going to swap a motor into mine. the motor is toyota and fits in the engine bay very nicely.