Obama on the late show...

blacktalon606

Citation needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_and_American_health_care_systems_compared Hmm, it seems people in Canada can choose whatever doctor they want... funny, because here in the US, we can only choose doctors that our insurance wants us to choose.

Who cares if you get to choose your doctor? The part WIKIPEDIA (which is NEVER a valid source for any type of legit research) didn't seem to mention is the waiting lists you are put on for life saving treatment. Wow, I get to pick the doctor i'm going to see... but they tell me I won't be able to get in for my appendectomy for 5 months. So, i'm going to DIE before I get treatment... but I get to pick my doctor. I feel so much better now. You need to hear storeis from CANADIANS, not a BS journal artical written by Americans who have no experience with the canadian health care system. ANY socialized healthcare system depends on people dieing early to meet their budget. Sorry, but that is the truth. So... as long as you intend on having a fatal injury early in life... I'll work out great for ya. Also, If the Canadian health care system is SOOOO awesome.... how come so damn many Canadians come here for treatment? I mean hell... if they stay there it's free right? In this country, if you need a MRI... your doc sends you to get it and you can be back at your docs within the same day with results. But in all of Canada there are fewer MRI machines than in California, and you have to wait your turn. Even if you REALLY REALLY need it NOW, you still have to wait your turn. And say you have an extra $50k laying around, and your life is worth more to you than money... it's also illegal to pay for life saving treatment... bcause that would be skipping line. The Canadian healthcare system works very well if you have the sniffels or any type of general non serious medical issues... but, when Canadians get really sick... they come here. I'm sure there is no reason though right? None of that is to mention the fact that it's not actually as free as they make it out to be. Say you break your arm. Sure, the doctors visit is "free." BUT, you have to pay $150 for the cast. Also, here in the US Americans pay an average of 10% of their income in taxes. Canadians on average pay nearly 40%. For 30% of my yearly income.... I can DAMN WELL pay for any medical problem I may have that year. Hell, if I put that same money into a bank acount for 40 years, I could pay cash for whatever treatment I may need for the cancer I'll probably get whe I'm 65, rather than donating it to the government so they can prop up everyone else. It's a much better system for those who don't have a job than it is for those that work. Just like Obama's re distribution of wealth. That sounds great to you lazy fuckers who want something for nothing. Personally, I work hard, and I'm happy with what I have made on my own. I don't want the government to TAKE half of some rich guys annual income and give me a bite, becasue I DIDN'T EARN IT! Just the same, I don't want the government to take money I earned and give it to some lazy cocksucker who doesn't get off of his ass except to walk to the mailbox to pick up his check. You deserve what you earn and nothing more... but half this country found out they could vote themselves a cookie by just electing the bastard who wants to give them other people's stuff. You want your houses paid for even though you made the decision to buy a house above your means. You want your companies propped up even though those companies business practices have put them in jepordy. You want your health care to be free, but you don't want to pay for it. So, you want the GOVERNMENT to pay for it all... but the part you seem to forget is, the GOVERNMENT doesn't have any of it's own money. Every nickel it spends, it has taken from someone who EARNED it and is giving it to people who did not earn it. Fuck that. Get off your lazy mush braied ass and get a fcking job. Work hard and don't spend money that you don't have. That's the real American dream. It's a place where if you work hard you can succeed no matter what. All you have to do is show up. If your willing to work hard you can LITERALLY be anything you want... all you have to do is put in the hours. But there are so many faggots in this country to whom the idea has been perverted. You seem to think that the new American dream is that you can sit on your fat ass and get everything handed to you. The concept of hard work is dead and THAT is why our country is in the economic position it is right now. This country was built by the hands of MEN who believed in ruggid individualism. You were supposed to come here and take care of yourself... not lean on your neighbor and let him take care of both of you. So take care of yourself you pathetic piss ant. Quit waiting on someone to make your dreams come true, and make it happen yourself!

Hahaha.... guess I wan't COMPLETLY done throwing facts at the brick wall with an opinion... but I realize that none of those facts will change the way you feel. ;)

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've posted no facts. Just YOUR opinions. If they were facts, you'd have RESEARCH to back it up. You've posted nothing but your personal bias and slant.

Talk about hypocrisy. I at least have SOME articles that validate my arguments (be it Wiki or not... even wiki articles have citations)

In your post above, you throw out hypotheticals without sources. Show me the 40% figures and 10% figures you speak of. And for every Canadian story about waiting 5 months to see a doctor, I can show you an American story that's just as bad - these single instances don't prove anything. That's one data point over millions of visits. There will be flaws in ANY system - but we're not debating that.

In the second source I posted, it shows that Canadians spend less per capita on health care and are ranked higher on the WHO list. Explain that to me.

Cost per capita: $2,989. $5,711

WHO rank* for Canada: 35 for U.S.: 72

Ohh, and PS. You still haven't answered the "stifling free speech" question. Typical debate tactic... deflect the issue and move on to attacking something else (health care) that you think you can 'win'. How about you answer the original question? I haven't forgot.

Edited by JRMMiii

In the second source I posted, it shows that Canadians spend less per capita on health care and are ranked higher on the WHO list. Explain that to me.

Cost per capita: $2,989. $5,711

WHO rank* for Canada: 35 for U.S.: 72

I'm not sure where you get your information, but in 2007 The WHO ranked the US 37th, and Canada 30th. It also ranked France first, and Italy second. I've been in an Italian hospital, and I can assure you I'd much rather go to one here than ever go there again.

Who cares if you get to choose your doctor? The part WIKIPEDIA (which is NEVER a valid source for any type of legit research) didn't seem to mention is the waiting lists you are put on for life saving treatment. Wow, I get to pick the doctor i'm going to see... but they tell me I won't be able to get in for my appendectomy for 5 months. So, i'm going to DIE before I get treatment... but I get to pick my doctor. I feel so much better now. You need to hear storeis from CANADIANS, not a BS journal artical written by Americans who have no experience with the canadian health care system. ANY socialized healthcare system depends on people dieing early to meet their budget. Sorry, but that is the truth. So... as long as you intend on having a fatal injury early in life... I'll work out great for ya. Also, If the Canadian health care system is SOOOO awesome.... how come so damn many Canadians come here for treatment? I mean hell... if they stay there it's free right? In this country, if you need a MRI... your doc sends you to get it and you can be back at your docs within the same day with results. But in all of Canada there are fewer MRI machines than in California, and you have to wait your turn. Even if you REALLY REALLY need it NOW, you still have to wait your turn. And say you have an extra $50k laying around, and your life is worth more to you than money... it's also illegal to pay for life saving treatment... bcause that would be skipping line. The Canadian healthcare system works very well if you have the sniffels or any type of general non serious medical issues... but, when Canadians get really sick... they come here. I'm sure there is no reason though right? None of that is to mention the fact that it's not actually as free as they make it out to be. Say you break your arm. Sure, the doctors visit is "free." BUT, you have to pay $150 for the cast. Also, here in the US Americans pay an average of 10% of their income in taxes. Canadians on average pay nearly 40%. For 30% of my yearly income.... I can DAMN WELL pay for any medical problem I may have that year. Hell, if I put that same money into a bank acount for 40 years, I could pay cash for whatever treatment I may need for the cancer I'll probably get whe I'm 65, rather than donating it to the government so they can prop up everyone else. It's a much better system for those who don't have a job than it is for those that work. Just like Obama's re distribution of wealth. That sounds great to you lazy fuckers who want something for nothing. Personally, I work hard, and I'm happy with what I have made on my own. I don't want the government to TAKE half of some rich guys annual income and give me a bite, becasue I DIDN'T EARN IT! Just the same, I don't want the government to take money I earned and give it to some lazy cocksucker who doesn't get off of his ass except to walk to the mailbox to pick up his check. You deserve what you earn and nothing more... but half this country found out they could vote themselves a cookie by just electing the bastard who wants to give them other people's stuff. You want your houses paid for even though you made the decision to buy a house above your means. You want your companies propped up even though those companies business practices have put them in jepordy. You want your health care to be free, but you don't want to pay for it. So, you want the GOVERNMENT to pay for it all... but the part you seem to forget is, the GOVERNMENT doesn't have any of it's own money. Every nickel it spends, it has taken from someone who EARNED it and is giving it to people who did not earn it. Fuck that. Get off your lazy mush braied ass and get a fcking job. Work hard and don't spend money that you don't have. That's the real American dream. It's a place where if you work hard you can succeed no matter what. All you have to do is show up. If your willing to work hard you can LITERALLY be anything you want... all you have to do is put in the hours. But there are so many faggots in this country to whom the idea has been perverted. You seem to think that the new American dream is that you can sit on your fat ass and get everything handed to you. The concept of hard work is dead and THAT is why our country is in the economic position it is right now. This country was built by the hands of MEN who believed in ruggid individualism. You were supposed to come here and take care of yourself... not lean on your neighbor and let him take care of both of you. So take care of yourself you pathetic piss ant. Quit waiting on someone to make your dreams come true, and make it happen yourself!

Hahaha.... guess I wan't COMPLETLY done throwing facts at the brick wall with an opinion... but I realize that none of those facts will change the way you feel. ;)

:eek: Let me introduce you to my little friend......PARAGRAPHS ;)

Making....Eyes.....Hurt......Musssst.....Uncross!!

I'm not sure where you get your information, but in 2007 The WHO ranked the US 37th, and Canada 30th. It also ranked France first, and Italy second. I've been in an Italian hospital, and I can assure you I'd much rather go to one here than ever go there again.

I pulled my info off that website.. I don't know how dated it is. But, either way you slice it... the US still ranks below many countries (including Canada).

You think your stay and opinion on Italian healthcare might be a little biased, since you didn't grow up in their culture? If I had a medical situation, I'm sure I would've wanted to be "home" too, instead of in some country where I didn't know the language - regardless of the quality of care I would've received. That's personal preference because it makes you more comfortable.

I pulled my info off that website.. I don't know how dated it is. But, either way you slice it... the US still ranks below many countries (including Canada).

You think your stay and opinion on Italian healthcare might be a little biased, since you didn't grow up in their culture? If I had a medical situation, I'm sure I would've wanted to be "home" too, instead of in some country where I didn't know the language - regardless of the quality of care I would've received. That's personal preference because it makes you more comfortable.

No. It had nothing to do with not "growing up in their culture", and for the record I speak Italian. It had EVERYTHING to do with the quality of the care and the quality and age of the facility and equipment. It was far below what you find in a typical US Public Hospital.

Care to elaborate on what facilities and equipment they were lacking? You weren't given a leech bath were you?

The WHO doesn't just rank things willy-nilly.

Your right they don't rank anything at all.. Well not since 2000..

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems was last produced in 2000, and the WHO no longer produces such a ranking table, because of the complexity of the task.
Hmm I would have thought you would have caught that one since you seem to think you know everything about them and their willy-nillyness..
WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
LOL within the UN... That right there says it all... The UN fucks everything up they touch.. Don't believe me, take a trip to Africa sometime...

Care to elaborate on what facilities and equipment they were lacking? You weren't given a leech bath were you?

The WHO doesn't just rank things willy-nilly.

Ohhhh.....lets see....modern x-ray equipment, perhaps an MRI...their Orthopedic Department was severely lacking. Of course, a broom, dustpan and mop probably wasn't in their budget either - general housekeeping was poor at best. Their answer to two broken bones and sever soft tissue damage in my left foot was some zinc oxide ointment and a half assed cast - no crutches. This wasn't at some back-woods joint either. It was "the best hospital" in the area. We drove past two others before ending up there. I can only imagine what they were like.

Fortunately, the Doc's over here fixed it properly. For the record, the "treatment" over there cost me nothing. All they ever asked me for was my name and age. Oddly enough, the treatment over here didn't cost me anything either - I have insurance.