BOXER PUPPIES

cdeezy2003

not steep for a reverse seal(black and white) pup. I paid a fortune for my two, they both have papers just not matching accrediting agencies.

That's a bit steep with no papes.

I would suggest an edit to the post as there are no black genes in a boxer. That said, I don't think you advertise them as black and white or black at all. That is very well documented by canine geneticists. I would also only use the description of Seal Brindle if the fawn color is apparent and shows through. A brindle may be described as a ‘light’, ‘golden’, ‘fawn’, ‘red’, ‘mahogany’, ‘dark’, ‘reverse’ or ‘seal’ brindle (those are just descriptions though – the correct term for any shade of brindle is brindle). A reverse seal brindle is when a boxer has such heavy stripe pattern that the brindle overtakes the fawn and only in certain lighting can the fawn be seen underneath the brindle pattern. Usually the fawn is the darker mahogany color instead of the lighter fawn and it could be seen around the withers, ears and chest.

If the fawn coloring is not visible, then you shouldn't advertise them as reverse brindled either. To be in-standard, white markings, should be of such distribution as to enhance the dog's appearance, but may not exceed one-third of the entire coat. Correctly stated by the American Boxer Club and AKC, both faults would be out of standard. In your case, it sounds as if they are "Out of standard Dark Brindle Pups"

As an active member in both Boxer rescue groups in Central Ohio (Columbus and Dayton) and as someone with a very good understanding of the breed I simply want to insure fair representation of breed details for others here that may not be yet are interested. If anyone here has any doubt or question, especially moderators, you are welcome to join me on a phone to the local groups or American Boxer Club to verify what I'm stating.

Also, the ACA is nothing special. Their registration does not require proof the dog is purebred, that genetic testing was done, or much of anything else other than a vet has certified the dog is healthy. Note however, even that is in question as they do not track a number of major issues including issues with hips (Hip Dysplasia is pronounced in boxers). As a result, I'll let you determine the value of them as an organization. In northern America, there are 3 main widely accepted clubs: the AKC, UKC and the CKC. All the others popped up in the recent years because the AKC started doing DNA testing and really cracking down on lineage. No surprise really.

The AKC is the only association guarantees the quality of dogs registered with them, and the AKC is the only registry equally recognized in other countries. The breed standard outside the AKC is not at all recognized should anyone try to further register or breed dogs from other registrations. The main reason a lot of dogs like boxers get registered through the ACA is far easier for puppy millers to register dogs with pet registries such as APRI and ACA. The AKC would likely deny them as they do most but not all. Especially if they are breeding to produce Out of Standard pups.

You should clarify for you own purchase why the owners of your female didn't register her with the AKC. There's definitely a reason. Check her lineage too. They were likely out of standard and the sellers were likely knowingly breeding disqualified dogs. In general, reverse brindles that do not show any fawn markings through the brindle are disqualified from AKC registration. There are however, breeders are purposely breed disqualification standard boxers. While there is nothing at all wrong with owning a dog that has a breed disqualification, it is another matter entirely to breed them. That's not just my opinion, but also that of the AKC and every Boxer group out there recognizing the breed specifics. The basic tenets of responsible breeding regardless of breed is to: breed only to improve the breed (you can't do that with disqualification)

Again, I just want to make sure others interested understand the breed standard regardless of what you paid or what you're asking as that value can only be fairly determined by the market. A boxer from the AKC will and does rightfully command a much higher price than one registered with the ACA. I can't give a fair comparison of the dollars without being biased, but two identical dogs, one from each, are not valued in the eyes of breed standard holders and the American Boxer Club as equal.

In for pics of Sire, Bitch and puppies.

Edited by TTQ B4U