Replacement Visors/ Shields

Radio Flyer

Which bell star did you get and how do you like it? I'm looking at getting the ace of clubs but want some info from someone that's actually wearing one.

As far as the Shield, I still use my clear one with my Shoei, I might get one with slight tint though with the next helmet. I wouldn't get the dark tint unless you know you wont be riding at night or bring your clear shield with you to switch out. Others may have different opinions.

I got the Aces of hearts. It was 300 dollars brand new, so I was not passing that up just because of design.

I went to the pony and tried on Scorpion 700, some SHOEI and the Bell Star. It's a great fit on my head, very light, and is just overall very comfortable. Best feeling out of all the other helmets I gave a try.

Me and my wife just got the dark smoked visors. But we dont really do night rides yet. But for day rides the tinted one is great, big difference in blocking the sun. I always had to like squint with the clear one. Of course I kept the clear one so I could swap them if i did go out later in the evening.

I'm a mirrored visor guy.
I wanted a mirrored one, but they didnt have any when i bought mine

I've got dark tint on mine, I've still got the clear one, and always had the intention of swapping out the tint for the clear one if I ever got caught out riding at night, but night rides were so infrequent, and carrying a loose shield was a PITA. I'll still grab the clear one if I know I'll be out past dark, but otherwise I just make sure I've got my clear safety glasses with me so I can raise it up to see better.

I happen to hate riding into the blinding sun on a motorcycle. I've started carrying a pair of Polaroid type shades to kill the glare, if I need them. So far I've not bought other visors, I'm still wearing shades under a clear visor. But the shades are annoying, eventually they hurt your ears, from wearing them under a helmet. (edit: oh yeah, Polaroid under a plastic visor will throw all sorts of shimmery colors at your eyeballs, you'd think you were tripping or something. It's a bit distracting sometimes.)

Back-in-the-day I used to have clear, medium smoke, and yellow. I tried blue, but immediately threw it out, when I found out it makes red lights look black. You just can't see red traffic lights, or tail lights or brake lights. But it was really bad for traffic lights. Last thing I want to do is blow through a red light. Seemed rather dangerous to me, so I tossed it, I wouldn't even give it to someone else.

Edited by ReconRat
stuff

Haven't tried mirrored yet, need to see if I can find one for my helmet...

But I keep both visors, super dark smoke and clear, with me unless I am CERTAIN I won't have changing lighting conditions, or I am going a very short distance on surface streets. (I wear a half shell a lot in the summer, so I don't mind having the visor up to come a few blocks home at night though I try to avoid it anyway...)

When I wear a skid-lid I wear my Oakleys and keep a spare set of sunglasses, and a pair of clear or yellow safety glasses in my bag for night time. (and usually goggles somewhere in case it rains.... Rain sucks in Oakleys and half-shell.....)

can u see at night with the mirrord? im plannin on getting tinted visor soon but ill be doing alot of night riding also, so i wasnt sure if i should get a mirrod one

Not very well. I had a mirrored visor. Never again. It's prolly better now that I have HID's but I'll stick with clear. Not worth the reduced visibility