Sleeping problem

Comebackkid

Has anyone ever been lying in bed and you notice that you fell asleep but you can still hear and see everything but just can't move? I have to shake my head really hard to get out of the or-deal? I have to get up and do something for it to quit. It happens acouple times a week. I will go to the doctors but I don't want sleeping pills cause I hate pills.

Has anyone ever been lying in bed and you notice that you fell asleep but you can still hear and see everything but just can't move? I have to shake my head really hard to get out of the or-deal? I have to get up and do something for it to quit. It happens acouple times a week. I will go to the doctors but I don't want sleeping pills cause I hate pills.

Nope. I drink until sleep happens.

:gabe:

KillJoy

Sleep paralysis. Happens when

You fall into deep sleep but sometime your mind wakes up before your body does.

Your body sort of paralyzed you when you enter deep sleep. Sometimes you might wake up before your body does and scare the shot out of you. Happened to me a few times. Don't be scared. It's harmless.

Phaggot

Sleep paralysis. Happens when

You fall into deep sleep but sometime your mind wakes up before your body does.

Your body sort of paralyzed you when you enter deep sleep. Sometimes you might wake up before your body does and scare the shot out of you. Happened to me a few times. Don't be scared. It's harmless.

Phaggot

Cool I didn't know if it was serious that I needed to have medical help. You hit it dead on lol.

P.S I hate when the iphones put's shot instead of shit

Phaggot:fuuuu:

You should go to a sleep clinic. Sleep paralysis isn't be dangerous but it is a good idea to get everything checked out and make sure that is the only issue you have.

Look at it this way, you can always threaten to beat them up after they send you a bill for services rendered. It should be a good, normal, situation for you.

I have it whenever I am sleep deprived and then finally get rest. The first time it happened to me I was absolutely terrified, I remember trying to scream but nothing would come out. I also thought there was something wrong with me, but after research I came across sleep paralysis and now I can just go with it. It's actually a great way to start a lucid dream. Your breathing feels stunted and uncomfortable and that's why I was so afraid the first time because I felt like I was suffocating. Once you realize it's all a part of normal sleep (you're just not suppose to be conscious), you can relax yourself into a lucid dream. Mine always feels like I'm falling through my bed at first, then I'm in a dream but fully aware of it. Kind of neat actually.

Fun fact: Pretty much every case of alien-abduction can be attributed to sleep paralysis as one often "senses" other people or things in the room with them(or sitting on them/pressing on them). One line of reasoning states that the sleeper is simply half-dreaming/half awake and being semi-conscious, interprets dream figures as reality.

You should go to a sleep clinic. Sleep paralysis isn't be dangerous but it is a good idea to get everything checked out and make sure that is the only issue you have.

Look at it this way, you can always threaten to beat them up after they send you a bill for services rendered. It should be a good, normal, situation for you.

Good point lol. Not worried about the bill I have medical so no out of pocket expenses.

I have it whenever I am sleep deprived and then finally get rest. The first time it happened to me I was absolutely terrified, I remember trying to scream but nothing would come out. I also thought there was something wrong with me, but after research I came across sleep paralysis and now I can just go with it. It's actually a great way to start a lucid dream. Your breathing feels stunted and uncomfortable and that's why I was so afraid the first time because I felt like I was suffocating. Once you realize it's all a part of normal sleep (you're just not suppose to be conscious), you can relax yourself into a lucid dream. Mine always feels like I'm falling through my bed at first, then I'm in a dream but fully aware of it. Kind of neat actually.

Fun fact: Pretty much every case of alien-abduction can be attributed to sleep paralysis as one often "senses" other people or things in the room with them(or sitting on them/pressing on them). One line of reasoning states that the sleeper is simply half-dreaming/half awake and being semi-conscious, interprets dream figures as reality.

I had the felt like suffocating one last week and I was like fuck it I'm getting up.. I've tried to just let it flow and naw just flipped me out and again I just got up.

Thanks for all the replys and glad I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Had it happen alot as a child. I could somewhat see my parents trying to wake me up, but I would still be in my dream and screaming. Had it happen lately when my girlfriend woke me up for snoring. First time I flipped the fuck out and I guess it was pretty scary. Second time I started to flip out then noticed I wasn't right and told her I was freaking out and needed to go to the other room. I always thought these were night terrors. Are they the same thing or similar at all. I've never talked to a doctor about it.

I've had the sleep paralysis a few times. I have lucid dreams about 2-3 times a week and they usually involve being chased...? Seems like my reactions are in slow motion and I can feel resistance in my legs if I am running away from something.

this happens to me a lot, i call it a half sleep, where i can here whats going around me and i am in control of my mind, but i am at the point where my signals from my brain, that have me move go to my dreams instead, it can be hard to focus and control your body to move. I have done a bit of experimenting where I can control my dreams, what i want to dream about, or learn to move in my dreams or actual body.

Talk to your Doctor?

CR IS NOT your Family Doctor....

KillJoy

Yes I know CR is not my family doctor but I just hate going there. I just wanted to see how many people have the same problem and if they did anything about it. I hate going to the doctors and I haven't been there in like 8yrs.

It happens to me every time I have a headach I normally end up arguing with the wife that I'm not sleeping but I really am

My dad does this nearly every time I go visit my parents. He'll fall asleep on the couch and start snoring really loud, mom will say something to him and he'll sit up real quick and get super defensive about the fact that he was not sleeping. Old married couples, lulz.