Netflix... again?

verse

I don't know about everyone else, but it's pretty annoying that Netflix has raised their prices twice this year. I'm almost paying double what I was a year ago. It was a pretty good deal at that point, but it seems like it isn't worth it to me any longer.

Anyone else considering cancelling?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I may have if we still had cable but now our main source of TV is netflix and hulu so its not really an opion to cancel. It still very annoying that the price has basically doubled in the last year. I'm blaming it on the networks being greedy and trying to push netflix out, charge them more for content.

Well, I may have if we still had cable but now our main source of TV is netflix and hulu so its not really an opion to cancel. It still very annoying that the price has basically doubled in the last year. I'm blaming it on the networks being greedy and trying to push netflix out, charge them more for content.

I've thought of cancelling cable as well, but I'd have no way to watch Jackets games other than Gamecenter Live and I believe they blackout a lot of those games as well.

The only thing that annoys me is they are losing content that's sitting in my queue. Why would they remove stuff?

I would pay more per month if they let you stream everything in the library :fuckyeah:

Just got this email today.

Dear Ryan,

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month

Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming) for $7.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD plan, or both, by going to the Plan Change page in Your Account.

We realize you have many choices for home entertainment, and we thank you for your business. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team