To dig or to roll???

phil

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since this has reached of 3 I assume the army of trolls bitching about the same shit they bitch in every thread about isn't too far off. Spam, Aj, major Payne, Cody, you can continue to ruin this now :nono:

No hate, phail? Ill leave my personal opinion, take it as you will. This topic should be given just as much thought as the "which stock motor can handle the most boost" thread. There are so many aspects that its hard to really decide, but a trend can usually be found. For instance, a GTR has launch control built in even a downs baby like AJ could pull it off.

The difference between launching and rolling is, it combines a third or fourth element that you have to perform making it that much harder. Whereas rolling you hit the gas and need to shift. Getting squirrely at 150+ has nothing to really to do with the driver. Thats the setup of the car taking over. To launch, you have to do 3 or 4 things to get it just right and have a suspension thatll help you perform a good launch.

No hate, phail? Ill leave my personal opinion, take it as you will. This topic should be given just as much thought as the "which stock motor can handle the most boost" thread. There are so many aspects that its hard to really decide, but a trend can usually be found. For instance, a GTR has launch control built in even a downs baby like AJ could pull it off.

The difference between launching and rolling is, it combines a third or fourth element that you have to perform making it that much harder. Whereas rolling you hit the gas and need to shift. Getting squirrely at 150+ has nothing to really to do with the driver. Thats the setup of the car taking over. To launch, you have to do 3 or 4 things to get it just right and have a suspension thatll help you perform a good launch.

You contradict yourself based on your bias. You say car setup at high speed is "the car" yet say it is another factor in a dig.

Proper setups for both are needed to have the optimal vehicle, and usually, the best at one, is not the best at the other.

The whole argument is moot, I agree.

You contradict yourself based on your bias. You say car setup at high speed is "the car" yet say it is another factor in a dig.

Proper setups for both are needed to have the optimal vehicle, and usually, the best at one, is not the best at the other.

The whole argument is moot, I agree.

Thats not a contradiction as codyfag would put it. Its a another factor to perform a good or perfect launch. I said you the driver need to put in work and have a good suspension to launch where as its strictly the car at a buck fitty.

So does roll racing get a bad rap because everyone does it, or is the track overrated?

Roll racing gets a bad rap because 99% of the time it takes place illegally. Legalities aside, it takes more skill and far better prep for the car to Dig race. Rolling in essence you're taking the first 60-100' out of the equation. Which is where the bulk of skill comes into play.

Roll racing gets a bad rap because 99% of the time it takes place illegally. Legalities aside, it takes more skill and far better prep for the car to Dig race. Rolling in essence you're taking the first 60-100' out of the equation. Which is where the bulk of skill comes into play.

Unless your a fag with a high stall auto, and big slicks. :gabe:

Thats not a contradiction as codyfag would put it. Its a another factor to perform a good or perfect launch. I said you the driver need to put in work and have a good suspension to launch where as its strictly the car at a buck fitty.

I know what you said, repeating it doesn't change that.

The point is you can set up a car to dig race. You ALSO have to setup a car to safely handle high speeds of a roll race. Both are attainable when they are setup to do so, its not only the car.

Maybe you understand this, and just suck at explaining yourself? lol

James. Shut your cocksucker. This isn't a thread about how to wash your rings, fail to ever put your car back together, be a shitty dad, and break your uncle's car. You are not relevant to this thread, so kindly see your way out.

Pro tip: keep my name out of your mouth, people are realizing what a whiny little bitch you are.

Pro tip 2: fix your car then you can set up races instead of pissing your uncle off and getting drug home.

Pro tip 3: you look like you need a vacation. How about another 8month vacation from cr?

Unless your a fag with a high stall auto, and big slicks. :gabe:

See, those sorts of things get used when you are setting up a car to run from a dig. Because you know what you're doing....

Others will go with the crutch of AWD so as to not look so dumb. Rarely does it work though. Or they have no idea how to set up a car, match equipment together, or can't afford to do it right, so they stick to Rolls.

The point is you can set up a car to dig race. You ALSO have to setup a car to safely handle high speeds of a roll race. Both are attainable when they are setup to do so, its not only the car.

Ok. Ill agree that both can be setup for either. But then again my point still stands that a car setup for high speed requires little to no effort to drive where as a car setup for digging still requires MORE effort. But i get where you are coming from.

Ok. Ill agree that both can be setup for either. But then again my point still stands that a car setup for high speed requires little to no effort to drive where as a car setup for digging still requires MORE effort. But i get where you are coming from.

Don't think I disagreed with anyone who said it takes more skill to dig race. I believe my first post in this thread will support this.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with either side. I just wanted to know everyones thoughts. But watching a dig race is way more fun when the cars have a shit ton of power. Watching a roll race with the same amount of power is just annoying. You can't just sit an watch

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with either side. I just wanted to know everyones thoughts. But watching a dig race is way more fun when the cars have a shit ton of power. Watching a roll race with the same amount of power is just annoying. You can't just sit an watch

100% agree. The Bow Down vids are a perfect example. Way better then watching a set of head lights pull or drop back with shitty Techno music blaring ion the background.

100% agree. The Bow Down vids are a perfect example. Way better then watching a set of head lights pull or drop back with shitty Techno music blaring ion the background.

The bow down vids make me want an auto.

Take it to the Flame thread. Did you read this at all? CR is talking about Car stuff. Let it ride.

Gonna sit here acting like I started shit? Get your little bitch nephew in check and get off my nuts. As for implying I don't know about "car stuff" that's a bold statement for someone who tried to make a n/a bimmer fast, sold it for a car that was pre built, then let his nephew fuck it up. Don't get me wrong Erik, you're a decent guy, but you really need to remove your head from your ass.

Gonna sit here acting like I started shit? Get your little bitch nephew in check and get off my nuts. As for implying I don't know about "car stuff" that's a bold statement for someone who tried to make a n/a bimmer fast, sold it for a car that was pre built, then let his nephew fuck it up. Don't get me wrong Erik, you're a decent guy, but you really need to remove your head from your ass.

We really wanna go there? Didn't try, never really got going on it, summer is getting short Jr., and I wanna play. Problem with that? Don't call me out on a "pre-built" car. Pot meet kettle. He broke it, he's owning up to it. Get over it. I had a muffin for breakfast, Stir Fry for Dinner. I just touched myself.