SC300 gurus...

Draco-REX

I have a customer that owns a '95 Lexus SC300 and he wants more power. He's thinking of turbocharging it with a target of around 400-450hp. What is the most cost-effective way to reach that goal reliably?

He's a shop owner so doing internal work is not an issue, but he will need someone to tune it for him if there isn't an off-the-shelf option.

Thanks.

To save yourself time, search supramania/supraforums boards for info. See how easily you can pull timing off the stock electronics. If it's doable all you would need for full is a progressive meth kit or cold start injectors and you wouldn't have to jackass around with wiring a whole stand alone ecu.

A simple NA-T kit will do those goals easily. He will need to do a supra TT headgasket and ARP studs while he is there but you should be able to do that reliably.

BTW your neighbor steve has a wide body SC300 for sale. Have him buy that and save time!

A simple NA-T kit will do those goals easily. He will need to do a supra TT headgasket and ARP studs while he is there but you should be able to do that reliably.

BTW your neighbor steve has a wide body SC300 for sale. Have him buy that and save time!

Ok, so a NA-T kit, headgasket, and studs. I've already told him that a headgasket at studs would be needed. I thought he;d need ot go to low comp pistons, but if he can hit his goals without cracking open the bottom end, that's a good thing. Where would be a good place to find the turbo kit and other parts?

Ok, so a NA-T kit, headgasket, and studs. I've already told him that a headgasket at studs would be needed. I thought he;d need ot go to low comp pistons, but if he can hit his goals without cracking open the bottom end, that's a good thing. Where would be a good place to find the turbo kit and other parts?

club na-t.com

there are a few good kits out there, and as said earlier all that is needed internally is to swap to a thicker HG and run ARP studs. i was planning the same thing for my SC but found another project and sold it a few days ago. there are many na-t's out there putting down over 450whp reliably

You can do 700whp on these motors in stock form, most likely with a head gasket. As far as tuning I remember back in my supra days the na-t guys would run a plug and play AEM for a 7MGTE (mk3 supra turbo) and put the 7m cas in the 2j to get rid of the dizzy. Seems like alot of mk4 guys back in the day were runnning safc's for low power levels like his. Maybe try and find some sort of locking dizzy for the car?