WTB: system board

Buck531

Looking to see if anyone has something old lying around. I need a socket 939 for my athlon 3200 (yep.. it's old.. no i don't care). Must have 1 AGP slot on it. Nothing else really matters. My system is locking up after a fresh OS install. Just looking for something cheap to replace it.

I've been looking at pricewatch.com. I found one for 23 and one for $55 or so.

I might just bit the bullet and upgrade.. (which I really don't want to do because there is no reason to upgrade to surf the web...)

If you find a board, I have a brand new in box never opened 4200+ 939 CPU. I bought it about 2-3 years ago and never came across a decently priced mobo since then. $20 and its yours...

It may even be a dual core, I will have to check.

I've been looking at pricewatch.com. I found one for 23 and one for $55 or so.

I might just bit the bullet and upgrade.. (which I really don't want to do because there is no reason to upgrade to surf the web...)

You think that, but you're wrong.

• 1 month later...

Bump from July :).

Now I'm looking to see if anyone has anything better than an athlon 3200 and a system board with preferrably 2 gb of ram. Got anything used with that package? MB/CPU/memory? Would prefer to have a few IDE slots as I don't want to buy a hard drive but if it's cheap enough I'd swing a new sata drive.

I got a whole AMD setup, or I got Intel stuff as well. I can do the AMD for somewhat cheap, since I want to replace it anyway.

AMD Athlon x2 3800+ Dual Core Processor, 2GB DDR2 Memory, ASUS M2R32-MVP Motherboard and Retail AMD Cooler. $65 shipped to you.

If you have a little more for a budget, I got WAY more parts than I know what to do with. Anything from an Intel 980x, a full Skulltrail System with dual QX9775's or as low end as a Celeron-L 450.