"Damp" Smell in a car that sits...

KillJoy

Since the Misses and I have been carpooling to work, my '02 Grand Am pretty much just sits outside. It has ~ 2,000 Miles on it in the last 6 Months.

I had to use the car this weekend, and the inside smells HORRIBLE! The only was to describe it to being a wet towel or clothes that got forgotten about.

What is the best way to remove this smell (Fabreeze???) and to keep if from returning (dehumidifier?)

KillJoy

Vent visors may be good for keeping it from happening again. In this heat a small amount of moisture can be a problem if you have no air circulation. A friend of mine moved to Florida last year and they only use his Jeep to hit the beach occasionally. It goes unused for a couple weeks at a time. Since its always hot there if there's even a slightly damp spot on the floor mat or some moist sand it will smell like an old towel within a day or two. Vent visors completely cured this problem because, obviously, he can leave the windows cracked.

10,000 little silica packets from vitamines might help :)

Vent visors might be a good idea. Never thought of that. I need to see doc as the MS3 has remnants of some funk from sitting innthe garage all winter. Leaving a bag of trash in the back for a few days after forgetting to hit the dumpsts with it didn't help either. :no:

I think an ozone treatment will work.